The goal of our co-op program is to develop future engineering resources for our organization while providing support to our Design and Manufacturing Engineers. We structure the co-op assignments so that the candidates develop the ability with each new work term to accept an increasing level of complexity and self-reliance. Candidates must be available for a 4-8 month assignment beginning September 2022. KingFisher Boats in located in Vernon, British Columbia.What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Follow all applicable KingFisher Boats and WorkSafeBC Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Participate in the product development cycle including requirements analysis, design, validation, implementation, documentation, and ongoing support.
- Prepare design documentation such as Drawings, Engineering Specifications and Test Reports for new and existing components.
- Compile & publish Standard Operating Procedures for shop floor assembly instruction.
- Hands on work in support of prototype development.
- Utilize Solidworks to create new and update existing parametric models.
- Design and create production jigs, fixtures, and tools.
- Assist team in identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Develop project plans, coordinate activities and report on project status.
- Miscellaneous Product Development projects as assigned.
What's in it for you?
- Enrollment in a Bachelor's Degree Program or Technical Diploma Program with a Major in Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a strong team.
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
- Quick learner, systematic, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling and 2D drawing applications (Solidworks & Autocad Preferred).
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust to shifting priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Co-op experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Indoor working conditions.
- Working alongside a great team of talented individuals building a world-class product.
- Family owned company.
- Boating Experiences.
- Schedule - Monday to Friday - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm;
- Mixed work environment - office and production floor.
- Frequent periods of working at desk using computer.
- Interactions with employees, management and the public at large.
- Regular periods during which there is continuous physical effort is required, e.g., walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Exposure to factors such as high noise levels, temperature variations, fumes, and moving machinery which may cause periods of discomfort.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, either hearing or seeing to work being performed.