1484 Water Street
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Supports the branch and team sales and service objectives by providing administrative assistance to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Works collaboratively within the branch and with business partners.
We're here to help
- Identifies gaps, issues and best practices through monitoring of sales and service performance targets against plans.
- Contribute to the Investment Advisor's business objectives by building and maintaining client relationships through client acquisition both from internal within existing book of business i.e. referrals and external sources through marketing initiatives.
- Coordinates marketing activities on behalf of several Investment Advisors.
- Expands the business growth potential of the branch and team through telemarketing and outbound calls as required.
- Provides information about products and services offered.
- Determines appropriate communication/service regarding all aspects of investing.
- Keeps current with investment services marketplace, products and services offered and the legal and regulatory environment for the industry.
- Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Prepares and vets client / prospect calls lists; tracks progress as required.
- Maintains and organizes client database.
- Support sales and service objectives by delivering service to the team's clients (e.g. preparing and maintaining client documentation, administering and maintaining client account files, preparing photocopies, documents, and presentations) to meet or exceed client needs.
- Organizes work and information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Projects a professional and consistent image by adhering to organization's brand, corporate identity, and standards.
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers' assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensure an effectively run branch.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of investment process and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative process and procedures as contained in Sales Administration Manual.
- Advance knowledge of proprietary products and services in order to identify potential products and services to client needs and advising IA(s).
- Knowledge of compliance practices and regulations.
- Knowledge of Insurance and group products.
- Knowledge of Trust and Estate services.
- Knowledge of Financial/Retirement planning.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course & Conduct and Practices Handbook.
- Current registration as Registered Representative (RR).
- Professional Financial Planning (PFP) must be completed prior to 30th month of RR license.
- 12 hours compliance training over a 3 year cycle to meet mandatory IDA Continuing Education Program requirements.
- 30 hours of professional development or product knowledge training over a 3 year cycle.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.