Richmond, BC, CanadaType of Contract:
Temporary Full Time (12 months)Salary:
$42,218 - $52,772
An iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organization on this planet - The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), is seeking an Advanced Technician.
You want to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network? You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization that makes a huge difference in the lives of Canadians here at home and abroad. What are you waiting for?
At the Canadian Red Cross, we help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience. We are committed to having an accessible, diverse, and inclusive work environment where people with all abilities, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations can reach their full potential. All qualified persons, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, women, veterans, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace are encouraged to apply.
As an Advanced Technician you will work with the HELP team to maintain the equipment.As an Advanced Technician you will:
What we are looking for:
- Clean and disinfect health equipment, according to standards.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain health equipment, according to standards.
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and carry out repairs, following manufacturer's specifications.
- Document repairs and maintain up-to-date equipment records in inventory management system.
- Deliver, install and pick up equipment to/from clients' homes.
- Instruct clients and caregivers in the proper use and maintenance of equipment.
- Transport equipment between HELP sites and delivers, install and pick up equipment from clients'homes, as per established procedures.
- Minimum qualifications for this position include completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education in a related field, experience working in a driving position, and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in working with hand and basic power tools.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80lbs.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability and able to troubleshoot problems of a technical nature.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills and client service skills.
- Successful completion of CPR/First Aid taken within the past 2 years (or required to take within probationary period).
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver's License.
- Training in health equipment repair and experience working with volunteers and diverse populations are assets
- 35-hour workweek, Monday to Friday. Work varies from warehouse, to shop, to delivery of equipment.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods and safely operate a vehicle for deliveries, which can be up to 75% of the day.
- May be required to work out of other HELP locations in the Lower Mainland.
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check, a vulnerable sector check and a satisfactory driver's abstract.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
The Canadian Red Cross is an organization guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service,unityand universality. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.