We have several openings for experienced Sideboom Pipelayer Operators for our pipeline project in Kitimat, BC. The successful candidates will be responsible for operating a Sideboom Pipelayer in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
Employer: Ledcor Pipeline Ltd.
Business Address: Suite 1200-1067 Cordova Street W, Vancouver, BC V6C 1C7
Title/NOC: Sideboom Pipelayer Operator (NOC 7521)
Term: 2 years (time limited position, project based)
Number of Positions: 100
Language of Work: English
Wage: $45.78/hour (as per existing collective agreement with CLAC). Overtime after 8 hours/day (as per existing collective agreement). Scheduled rate increase in June 2022 as per collective agreement.
Benefits Package: Benefits (as per existing collective agreement with CLAC) including extended health coverage, dental, optical, prescription drug plan, short term & long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & disability coverage and emergency travel
Location of work: Kitimat, BC (and other various remote locations in British Columbia)
Contact: [email protected]Essential Responsibilities:
- Effectively and safely operates a Sideboom Pipelayer utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks related to pipeline construction. This includes operating on adverse terrain, in winter operations, and/or near other equipment and power lines.
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and swampers, and acts accordingly.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication.
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- Some secondary school education is required.
- Completion of a one- to two-year apprenticeship program or some high school, college or industry courses in heavy equipment operating combined with on-the-job training is required.
- Minimum three years of experience operating Sideboom Pipelayers and other heavy equipment on a mainline pipeline job or similar heavy civil construction experience is required.
- Previous experience working on pipe diameters larger than NPS 30 is required.
- Experience operating a Sideboom Pipelayer on steep slopes and mountainous terrain greater than 21 degrees preferred.
- Experience operating a Sideboom Pipelayer on slopes requiring winch assistance preferred.
- As a condition of employment, must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- As a condition of employment, must be willing and able to obtain valid First Aid, PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training), Standard Basic Rigging and Ground Disturbance Lvl 2 certificates. Training provided.
- As a condition of employment, must hold a valid driver's license and provide an abstract
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
Additional Information:Company Description
- Set employment duration and project based position.
- Camp based accommodation provided (eligible for camp allowance and camp retention bonus upon project lay off).
- 21 days on, 7 days off rotational shift.
- 12 hour work days.
- Overtime as per collective agreement equal to time and a half after 8 hours/day.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.