It's an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine's Best Workplaces for 2020, we are leading the way to next-level DDI with our Secure Cloud-Managed Network Services, bringing next-level security, reliability, and automation to cloud and hybrid systems-all managed through a single pane of glass. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies-and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our SaaS DDI team in Burnaby (BC), reporting to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering. In this role, you will focus on developing features for Infoblox's next-generation DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (DDI) SaaS services. You will have the opportunity to utilize your experience and creativity to influence technology direction and decisions while ensuring that our products are best-of-breed. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic team member to join an agile and highly collaborative engineering team, leveraging cutting-edge technology, open-source initiatives, and micro-services architecture to build state-of-the-art SaaS-based solutions.
You're the ideal candidate if you like working in a cloud-first environment where innovation and deadlines go hand-in-hand in building a world-class, first-of-its-kind product. You're an independent thinker, and a great team member admired and appreciated by their peers.What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
- Design and develop software for a large-scale cloud-based SaaS solution using open source technologies
- Develop unit and functional tests for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment in a modern CI/CD environment
- Work in an Agile/Scrum development methodology to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test
- Work closely with peer engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Benchmark, optimize, and fine-tune software performance
- Collaborate with QA to investigate and fix defects
What success looks like:
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- Strong knowledge developing and debugging in object-oriented languages such as Go, C/C++, Java, Python, or similar in a Linux environment
- Strong knowledge in software design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with AWS is a big plus
- General knowledge of networking concepts is desired
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, excellent problem-solving ability and critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline is required and a Master's degree is preferred
We've got you covered:
- After six months, you will...
- Complete onboarding by demonstrating knowledge of the DDI service stack and associated repos, Golang development environment, and usage of CICD platform, tools and build servers
- Fix some bugs and learn how code moves between development and production environments
- Join a scrum team and work on stories with your teammates
- After about a year, you will...
- Become focused on one aspect of the DDI architecture (e.g. Cloud vs. Onprem, DNS vs DHCP, Protocol level vs Service level)
- Take responsibility for smaller stories and bring them to fruition
- Understand our coding standards well enough to review pull requests for other developers
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness-as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of our employees and their families. We have a strong culture and live our values
every day-we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy...
- Boutique office space with state-of-the-art amenities, located in the heart of Metro Vancouver area; bike-friendly and steps from SkyTrain and Metrotown Mall
- Onsite parking paid for by the company
- Generous company contribution towards RRSP (Independent of employee contribution!)
- Onsite massages, gym membership, fitness classes, ping-pong table, dartboard, and a nap room/wellness room for moms
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, free bean-to-cup gourmet coffee options and selections of exotic teas, juices and refreshing beverages, and biweekly Thirsty Thursday local craft beers, BC wines, and BC ciders
- Enjoy our generous PTO policy and flexible work environment because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance- sometimes your best work is done in slippers
- We are passionate about lifelong learning and growth, and offer opportunities through a world-class learning platform (Litmos), training, workshops, mentorship, and an annual up to $5,000 Career Development reimbursement benefit
- Our teams spend time together outside of work, too - we have several annual team outings, have gone on hikes and Grouse Grind, hosted family BBQs, Go Karting, boat cruises, etc.
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work - we're proud to be an inclusive company with diverse teams and our values grounded in ethics and equality
We've created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you're a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it's like to be a Bloxer
. We think you'll be excited to join our team.