Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Not Applicable/NoneJob Description:
Parsons is now hiring a Contract Administrator (Construction Administration Specialist) for our rapidly expanding team in British Columbia to work on various engineering and construction management projects. You will be responsible for administering contracts in support of world-class projects. In this role, you will perform contract administration assignments for projects with constructed values typically in the $10 to $50 million range with clients in the private and public sectors.Responsibilities:
- Drafts contracts for large engineering/construction management projects. Proposes alternative text/clauses to client contracts, as appropriate for the Company business.
- Ensures that the contract is thoroughly reviewed for legal, risk management, tax, and accounting issues prior to submitting to management for approval.
- Participates as a member of the negotiating team, consisting of business development and project management personnel, for establishing business terms and contract conditions.
- Monitors and administers the business provisions of assigned contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Advises the Contracts Manager regarding scope, financial, and risk issues of applicable contracts.
- Generates and maintains documentation for negotiating change orders. Prices and drafts change orders and amendments. Follows through to ensure that contractual coverage is implemented.
- Prepares letters to clients requesting approvals and interpretations required to comply with the provisions of the contract.
- Collaborates with Procurement personnel on project subcontract matters.
- Monitors project expenditures versus contract cost limitations.
- Prepares letters to clients notifying them of contract cost limitations and requirements for additional funds.
- Prepares project/facility acceptance documents and follows through to ensure acceptances are approved by the client.
- Furnishes business and financial information requested by the client, as delegated by the Project Manager.
- Identifies contractual problems and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Follows up on problems demanding management attention to ensure a timely response to the client.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Degree or Diploma in Construction Management or Civil Engineering, and/or combination of related experience
- 5+ years of construction contract administration experience is required
- Prefer experience with large engineering/construction projects in the Western Canada region
- Requires a working knowledge of industry business practices and the negotiation of prime contracts
- Incumbent must also possess strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with contract administration
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.