Hi, we're HUB! We are proud to be ranked 5th among the world's largest insurance brokerages, supporting businesses and individuals in reaching their goals. When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of risk, insurance, employee benefits, retirement and wealth management specialists that bring clarity to a changing world with tailored solutions and unrelenting advocacy - so you're ready for tomorrow.
What makes us different than all the rest? Our Vision:
To be everywhere risk exists - today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.Our Mission:
To protect and support the aspirations of individuals, families and businesses. To empower our employees to learn, grow and make a difference in their communities.Our Core Values:
Why Join HUB?
- Entrepreneurship: We encourage innovation and educated risk-tasking.
- Integrity: We do the right thing every time.
- Teamwork: We work together to maximize results.
- Accountability: We measure and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Service: We serve customers, communities and colleagues.
- An exceptional and welcoming company culture.
- Excellent compensation, benefits and company perks.
- Paid educational training and vast learning opportunities.
- Room for advancement and growth within the organization.
- A company that gives back and is active in the community.
We believe in our people - they are the best in the industry! We encourage and support each other and want to see our people grow. With this, we have implemented many leadership developments programs and support career advancement! If you are a lifelong learner looking for an advancing and rewarding career, please read further to see what this job entails.Position Overview:
HUB Canada West Region, which serves 1500 employees in 93 offices, located throughout Western Canada, has a current opening for a Senior HR Advisor
. This role suits an HR professional passionate about the employee experience and looking to take their career to the next level. Reporting to the Senior Manager of HR Operations, the Senior HR Advisor will join our team helping with coordination of human resources activities and partnering with operational leaders in the province of British Columbia. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in talent management, with the energy and passion to provide positive team leadership, build trusted working relationships, and provide day-to-day tactical guidance on HR initiatives, practices, policies, and procedures.Action Items:
- Responsible for the talent acquisition processes for 2 sub-regions in British Columbia
- Maintain and increase pipeline of candidates by sources, to include job postings, recruiting databases, internet research, and specialized sourcing methods
- Coordinate and deliver management training in interviewing, hiring and selection
- Administration of onboarding and off-boarding, with the employee experience in mind
- Collaborate on and drive employee initiatives in engagement and employee relations
- Work with managers and employees to address and resolve issues through guidance on performance management
- Coach and collaborate with managers on talent development and succession plans
- Maintain concise, organized employee files and documentation
- Partner with leaders to provide direction and implementation of regional and corporate HR programs and services
- Develop and maintain an effective level of understanding of the sub-regions and their HR needs
- Identify legal requirements and company standards, and ensure compliance with HR practices
- Analyze trends and metrics to offer solutions and programs to regional operations
- Other HR Team support as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-5 years of HR experience
- Completion of a post-secondary program in HR or related field
- Previous Customer Service or Retail Operations experience is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships
- Advanced technology/computer skills (Workday and Kronos experience an asset)
- High level of expertise and creativity in the development of talent resources
- Confidence in procedural decisions and judgements
- Problem solving with logic, reasoning, and collaboration
- Strong organizational skills to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Team player with a desire to move towards leadership
- Complete Group Health and Dental plan with Flex options
- Matching RRSP program
- Continuous Learning & Development opportunities
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional growth
- A culture that embraces entrepreneurship, integrity, accountability, service, and teamwork
- Flexible or work from home environment may be considered within the Prince George or Chilliwack areas.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- are passionate about creating an atmosphere of growth mindset
- have a spirit of service and are energized by opportunities to create a better experience
- are focused on continuous improvements to add value to our business
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference!
We invite you to learn more about our team at www.hubinternational.com
Department Human Resources
Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)