Works in busy call center, taking reservations for handyDART clients in the Victoria area. Answers customer inquiries regarding handyDART in Victoria and conventional transit in the Cowichan Valley. Schedules and dispatches buses according to a Collective Agreement and service requirements. This is a unionized position. Major Responsibilities:
Education and Qualifications:
- Answering calls in busy call center;
- Takes reservations, books trips for handyDART clients;
- Answers customer inquiries regarding Victoria Regional handyDART and Cowichan Valley Regional Transit;
- Schedules and dispatches buses;
- Communicate effectively with staff and customers via telephone and two-way radio;
- Perform all duties using safe work practices; uphold and maintain safe working conditions as required by pertinent safety regulations;
- Maintain/prepare records required in transit operations including but not limited to statistics, equipment hours, mileage, etc.;
- Maintain good public relations via tact and discretion;
- Work on alternate shifts as directed;
- Track equipment repairs as necessary;
- Communicate and adhere to Injury Prevention (IP) standards;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma;
- Clean Class 5 B.C Drivers License.
- Knowledge of the streets of the CRD a big asset;
- Knowledge of Handydart systems and transit desirable;
- Customer service training and experience and computer skills (Microsoft Office) an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate/interact with the public (all levels of comprehension), management and other staff members in a courteous/respectful/efficient manner and to answer a variety of enquiries with tact and discretion;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- Applied knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health Act in relations to Transit Operations.
- Available to work varying shifts, overtime and call ins up to 10 hours per day;
- Work in a shared consultative manner with others;
- Self-motivated and quality driven to perform independent duties and facilitate team goals;
- Flexibility regarding changing priorities and weather conditions; commitment to meet deadlines, handle upset clients and handle occasional emergency situations;
Office environment; Union environment. Employment screening conducted.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know