THE ROLE: Digital Content Specialist
Workspace: This role can be based remotely, in our Richmond, BC offices, or a combination of both! This role must be within the core working hours of 9:00 am - 4:00 pm PST.
We are Vancouver-designed, North American made, and globally inspired. Our belief in slowing down the fashion cycle led us to make clothing on demand and with a clear purpose - to delight our #smashtessfam. Our best-selling Romper fabric is a sustainable rayon from bamboo and cotton blend, and although it costs more for us to use it, it's proven to stand the test of time and retain its shape and softness when treated well. We produce in our own backyard under our watchful eyes to ensure that our clothing is made in the very best working conditions by skilled and talented seamsters.
Smash + Tess was founded by a mother-daughter-bestie trio, dedicated to creating "everywear" to take you from the sheets to the streets... and beyond! Disrupting the fashion industry with chic and cozy clothing, Smash + Tess has a cult-like following from celebrities, influencers, and everyday women, because aside from our seriously cute designs, we've created a community that celebrates comfortability and style! We exist to make our customers lives easy- because life can be complicated and life can be hard... but deciding what to wear doesn't need to be!
WORKING AT SMASH + TESS:
We love Mondays! Some things you should know about what it's like to be on the Smash + Tess rocket ship:
- We are a team of collaborative, creative, authentic, and highly effective people. Together we are launching the #romperrevolution!
- We get big things done at an extraordinary pace, while making space for joy, friendship, and fun.
- The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and kicking at Smash + Tess -- we move forward boldly. We believe in giving people a big job that they love, and empowering them to lead and own the area they're responsible for.
- We thrive in a working culture where collaboration is queen. It's important to us that each team member's voice is heard and valued. We solve problems creatively as a team, and celebrate each other's impact.
Smash + Tess is looking for an Digital Content Specialist to join our fast-paced and dynamic Digital team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital, this role will be responsible for developing and executing site content, including blog, email campaigns and day to day site maintenance. The Specialist must be able to collaborate with multiple internal teams and an Digital agencies to help bring brand story-telling to life on our website and flawlessly execute all product launches and campaigns. This person is someone who is comfortable operating at a strategic level (using data and analytics to generate opportunities for growth) and at a tactical level (executing the day-to-day).
- Manage and maintain all website content including the S+T blog.
- Execute S+T's email marketing including campaigns and automatic flows.
- Write clear, compelling copy for website and blog posts, working closely with the brand marketing team to align with projects and campaigns
- Co-lead the planning and execution of product drops, campaigns, shops/edits, promotions and user-experience improvements for the eCommerce website.
- Partner with cross-functional team members to develop key concepts, marketing stories, promotional strategies, and site optimization efforts all to provide a best in class digital customer experience.
- Manage the onboarding of new products (content & imagery), implementing SEO best practices, product launches, inventory and price management and weekly homepage flips.
- Execute post-mortem analytical reports and weekly dashboards; leverage customer insights, analytics and reports to generate insights/new opportunities for growth to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and agencies.
- Implement SEO best practices and SEM improvements; create best in class content based on targeted SEM keywords.
- Support the ideation, planning and execution of online content to promote full-price storytelling through shops and edits. Working alongside the brand marketing team to bring the experience to life.
- Using data-driven insights, coach cross-functional teams on online best practices and partner with them to identify areas of opportunity to optimize the online assortment or marketing campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders in Product Development, Operations and our eCommerce Agency to create clear alignment and ensure end-to-end implementation of digital activity, while maintaining a customer-first mindset.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years experience in a Digital Content or eCommerce role
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, U/X Design and/or relevant field of study
- Experience working with Shopify and Klaviyo
- Experience working with content management systems and eCommerce backend systems
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or other reporting platforms. Confidently able to analyze large amounts of data and create dashboards
- Proven experience writing copy with exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Experience and understanding of SEO/SEM and implementing best practices
- Highly analytical and can set up dashboards and measure your work with ease. Comfortable digesting data and reporting on insights and KPIs
- A proven track record of creating inspirational online merchandising experiences for Customers
- Superior written and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
If this role is calling your name, we look forward to hearing from you!
Smash + Tess warmly welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and groups. We are committed to a culture of creative collaboration that celebrates diverse perspectives and voices.
Pay transparency is an important topic for us. At this time we're performing a full total compensation review across our organization. We're prioritizing establishing and communicating a fair and equitable salary structure and review process, so we can speak to all our compensation conversations thoughtfully, both internally and externally. If you are contacted about your application to this role, we commit to having an open and transparent conversation about pay in our first meeting with you.
Smash + Tess was founded in a region south of the Fraser River which overlaps with the unceded, traditional, and ancestral lands of the Kwantlen, Musqueam, Katzie, Semiahmoo, Tsawwassen, Qayqayt and Kwikwetlem peoples. We acknowledge and express deep gratitude to these peoples, on whose territory Smash + Tess operates, benefits, and flourishes.