Nelson is Canada's leading K-12 educational publisher and we have remained dedicated to our legacy of looking forward for over a century. Our commitment to the individualized needs of students, teachers, and administrators continues to fuel our innovation as an educational partner. In 2017, these efforts manifested in Edwin, Nelson's revolutionary digital platform that provides a common experience for deep, trusted content and boundless learning pathways. Nelson's visionary digital transformation embodies our promise of equitable, inclusive, and engaging experiences for all teachers and students. The Division
Nelson's K-12 division is a leading provider of teaching and learning solutions. Our exceptional team of sales, marketing, and editorial professionals collaborate with educators, students, and industry experts to create and promote innovative educational resources through multiple channels. A highly collaborative team environment inspires internal and external customers to excellence.The Position
As a Nelson Solutions Inside Account Manager, you will consult with teachers, principals, consultants and board members at schools and boards of education to find Nelson resources (Nelson Core Solutions and Edwin) to suit their needs. The successful candidate will also work closely with the marketing and editorial teams to develop market-driven products and maintain positive relations with key influencers at all levels. You will spend 80% of your time selling to customers at local schools and boards in your territory from your home office (with occasional customer visits with Director approval); 20% of your time will be spent in your home office doing follow-up and planning.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
RequirementsKnowledge & Skill Requirements
- Manages day-to-day relationship with customer by developing a high value-add relationship with key influencers
- Uncovers and builds relationships with influencers, to promote other solutions through Nelson Solutions' Product Offering, as well as promoting the Edwin Education Program
- Identifies and develops strategy for short-term and long-term sales retention and new business opportunities, by managing all funnel activity in SFDC (Salesforce.com)
- Coordinates account servicing and fulfillment with support from Customer Service
- Introduce Consultants with key contacts/influencers on an as needed basis
- Increase market share within book of business through promotion of new products and solutions, as well as engaging with inactive schools/boards
- Conducts regular Business Reviews (BR's) with strategic schools/boards in their book
- Achieve retention and new business targets in existing accounts and maintaining a strong funnel
- Achieve/exceed all sales and KPI metrics
- Time Allocation - 80% Customer Time, 20% Non-Customer Time
- Internal - Regular contact with Sales Director, Assessments, Marketing, Consultants and Customer Service
Working Conditions and Travel
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship building skills
- Self-starter, results oriented
- Able to interface internally to the company with tact and diplomacy
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills
- Computer literacy, including above competency in Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills with proven closing ability
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Primarily working in a remote/virtual setting and/or office environment.
- Travel - Travel to the territory to be discussed with Director and approved by Executive Director of Sales.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience penetrating or maintaining accounts
- Knowledge and understanding of tele sales and the sales planning process.
- Strong computer literacy (experience with Salesforce.com an asset).
Post-secondary education in business related discipline - Diploma or Degree preferredBenefits
Nelson's Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement
- Summer Hours (June through September)
- Holiday Closure (Christmas - New Year's)
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Professional Development
- Flexible Health & Dental Plans
- Pension Plan with Company Matching
- Registered Retirement Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
Nelson teaches the world by learning from everyone in it.
At Nelson, we are committed to fostering an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace environment. This is an integral part of our company's culture and mission that aligns with our four key pillars of Employee Diversity, Developing Authentic and Accurate Content, Amplifying External Voices, and Supporting the Local Community and Beyond. Nelson is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply for this job