Our world is changing. Our population is growing. Agriculture is transforming new plants, better crops, greenhouse growing, vertical farming, and the technology that makes it all happen. At Argus, this is our world. We're driven by our vision to protect the environment, stabilize food security and improve human health by providing technology to growers and plant scientists who are making a difference.
For the last 35 years, we've been providing the world with the most advanced control systems for horticulture. Our business has tripled in the last few years alone. And now we're leaping forward with ground-breaking software, enriched data solutions, and cutting-edge artificial intelligence tools that will change the way growers grow and the future of agriculture.
Grow beyond your expectations for your career. Grow with Argus.LEAD UX/UI DESIGNERReporting to:
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) ** This is a hybrid position, office located in Surrey, BC** POSITION SUMMARY:
Argus Controls' R&D department is working towards building the next generation of greenhouse and closed environment control products. We work with many different cultivation type customers from vegetable growers to bio researchers. The role we are looking to fill is of a Lead UX/UI designer with advanced prototyping skills. The work we have is to collaborate with our lead designer in designing interface solutions for controlling cultivation environments, controlling irrigation & nutrient systems, tracking & displaying plant data, and much more. The role will also involve collaborating closely with the Full Stack developers to support their front-end work.RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Build, maintain and grow an interactive design prototype.
- Lead the UI responsibilities by generating assets and supporting the front-end development process.
- Design high-quality graphical content.
- Perform user and industry research to become an expert on our users.
- Support the user testing process with your design prototype.
- Support UX design research, analysis & wireframe process.
- Progress UX wireframes into UI designs.
- Continually upskill and improve one's creative design skills.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A strong understanding of communication and collaboration.
- Understand the value of empathy in UX Design.
- Comprehensive understanding of design processes and methodologies.
- Passion for design and solving problems.
- Proficiently speak and write English.
All Applicants must be fully vaccinated against covid-19.
- Completion of a course, diploma, or degree in "design" from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a UI designer.
- A convincing portfolio of interface and graphic designs (data visualization designs will stand out).
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record of completed design projects.
- Comprehensive programming skills and experience with:
- Understand interface aesthetics and graphics design.
- Understand UI/UX methodologies.
Argus is an entrepreneurial organization built on the expertise of our people we are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees to ensure we meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, and reward programs, within a dynamic work environment. Argus recognized that our continued success is dependent on the capabilities and self-motivation of our people, and therefore encourages and supports employees' continual growth and development.