is actively seeking a highly motivated Intern Architect / Architectural Technician for employment in the Burnaby, Canada office. AECOM is searching for candidates that have the ability to be a role model, be client-focused, be impactful and be decisive.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - over 50,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparation of designs, quantity calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings
- Use computer software as a tool for solving architectural problems
- Maintain conformance with building standards, established architectural practices, and applicable building codes
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
- Assist senior staff with design & creation of REVIT models and libraries
- Assist in developing architectural details
- Working with various disciplines to develop designs
- Construction administration
- Bachelors degree in Architecture OR Diploma + 2+ years of professional experience with complex buildings (commercial, institutional, industrial, etc., preferably transportation)
- 6+ months experience working with Revit and AutoCAD
- Master's degree from a recognized post-secondary institute or equivalent experience
- Working with multi-discipline project delivery teams
- Computer experience (Revit, Autocad, Word, Excel, InDesign, Photoshop, Sketch up, etc.)
- Preparation of planning documents, conceptual and schematic designs, illustrations and graphics, construction details, construction documents, technical specifications and cost estimates for a wide variety of public and private sector projects
- Ability to work with various Canadian municipalities for permitting and development approvals process
- Strong conceptual and technical design skills, hand sketching an asset
- Working knowledge of the BC Building Code and regulatory by-laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Experience in aviation, transit, and water / wastewater treatment sectors considered an asset.
What We Offer
- Relocation is available for this position.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Architecture and DesignBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Full TimeRequisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.