ACM Management continues to grow its financial reporting group and look for designated accounting professionals with strong public company reporting experience. If you're looking for standard 35-40 hour weeks (overtime is rare!), permanent work from home, and want to further your financial reporting skills with listed companies, this could be the role for you! Our Financial Reporting Analysts take ownership over multiple client files from a variety of different industries and if you are willing and interested, there will also be future opportunities to sit as the CFO of a listed public company after adequate training. You may be performing some activities for the first time, but there is a great team of designated professionals behind you to provide guidance and assistance. The people that work at ACM are supportive, have a warm personality, are upbeat and have a positive state of being. As long as you are an elite problem solver, working with us will be rewarding and provide an invaluable learning experience. This is a great transitional role to prepare you for the real-life challenges of working directly for a public company.What will your days look like
- Assisting clients with their financial reporting requirements - creating draft annual and quarterly financial statements and their accompanying Management Discussion & Analysis.
- Involvement in IPO planning and prospectus preparation
- Researching and interpreting accounting policy research and providing recommendations
- Assisting with ERP implementation, cost accounting, budgeting and projections
Who are you?
- Coordination and assisting with client valuations
- Chartered Professional Accountant, or foreign equivalent
- Having public company audit and/or financial reporting experience specifically with small to mid sized businesses is a must
- You should have significant exposure to complex IFRS accounting issues; especially debt and equity financing transactions
- You like looking to accounting standards and other guidance for answers rather than just following what they did last year
- You love to work independently in an autonomous entrepreneurial environment but can still be heavily relied upon to be a supportive team member
It's ACM For a Reason
- You have great interpersonal skills and are comfortable working directly with clients
Who We Are
- We will cover your CPA schooling, annual dues, and professional development courses. Better yet, we do not have a clawback policy - if you decide to leave ACM at any point, we will never ask for that money back.
- We're flexible - we treat our team members like professionals and give them autonomy to exercise their judgment and manage their schedules as they see fit. Get that workout in, run those errands - we trust you to manage your workload and meet those deadlines.
- We keep it fun! We encourage social activities outside of work, have company initiatives to keep you engaged with your peers, and have great technological tools to keep you connected.
- We've got you covered from Day 1 - your extended healthcare and maternity leave benefits kick in on your first day of work!
ACM Management is an advisory practice based out of downtown Vancouver specializing in financial reporting and corporate services for public companies. We offer clients a complete service package to assist them in timely and accurate disclosures. Our clients are from all industry sectors and are issuers on the TSX-V, CSE, NASDAQ, and the OTC.
We are one of the fastest growing accounting firms in Canada, and we've got some big goals that are going to send us to the top. We are a firm with an anti-firm culture - think tech startup, but accounting. We're ditching the traditional top-down management hierarchy approach and are leaning into a holacratic system of organizational governance. We are on a journey to become the go-to training place for accountants of all levels who want to work in industry. Our accounting practice specializes in assisting public companies with their financial reporting and accounting needs, and we help private companies navigate the waters of going and staying public. When it comes to clients, we are industry-agnostic. We never shy away from clients in new and emergent industries, and we've worked with companies in e-commerce, retail, manufacturing, cannabis, mining, and biotechnology, to name a few. We've got a lot on the go, and as far as we're concerned, the only barrier to reaching our goals is finding exceptional talent to keep building out our team.Our Core Values
Mastery: At ACM, we pursue knowledge. We aspire to be the best at our craft, and we create and pursue opportunities to build on our expertise.
Support: At ACM, you're never alone. Teamwork and collaboration are our bedrock, and constant support for each other and our clients is what sets us apart.
Ownership: At ACM, we fight to take responsibility. We own our mistakes and our oversights, and are relentlessly committed to our responsibility to our colleagues and our clients.
Kaizen: At ACM, we don't settle. Kaizen is a business philosophy that means "change for the better", or "continuous improvement". We recognize that nothing is perfect, but we're striving for it anyway.