First things first - we are extremely excited to announce that we are now officially a CPABC pre-approved training office! That being said, you don't have to be in the program or even want to pursue further education to work with us. In fact, if that's not in the cards for you but you still want to work with a great team of accounting professionals, you've found the right place!
Now let's talk about YOU. Are you self-motivated, love challenging work, are obsessively organized, and enjoy making things better while challenging the status quo? Do you have experience working with customers and/or clients and know how to navigate the challenges that come with working with different personalities and industries? Do account balances that don't reconcile drive you crazy but solving that seemingly unsolvable problem gives you an immense enjoyment you just can't explain? If you're nodding along, then keep reading and share that resume!What will your days look like
Who are you?
- Bookkeeping for multiple public and private clients that work in a variety of exciting industries - Have a particular industry of interest? We will do everything we can to get you the experience you want. Industries we work with include e-commerce, retail, manufacturing, cannabis, blockchain, mining and biotechnology
- Regular maintenance of various audit working papers - though we don't provide audit services, you will have ample opportunity to directly liaise with our clients' external auditors and understand what that process entails.
- Working with different functional currencies and foreign exchange transactions
- Maintaining organized e-records of all invoices/statements
- Managing commodity tax filings for clients (i.e. GST and PST);
- Other requested administrative tasks as required.
It's ACM For a Reason
- Bachelor degree or diploma specializing in accounting
- 1-3 years of full cycle accounting experience and exposure to accounting software like QuickBooks and Sage. We will adjust your responsibilities with us based on your work experience to date
- You can navigate the tribulations of formatting documents in Word.
- Are dedicated to the team and like to maintain a relaxed environment;
- Work well under the pressure of deadlines;
- Have an interest in a variety of work and being kept on your toes
- Are a wizard with technology
- Are extremely detail-oriented and meticulous, even to the point where some might find it annoying;
- Are enrolled or planning on perusing CPA designation
Who We Are
- We will cover your CPA schooling, annual dues, and professional development courses. Better yet, we do not have a clawback policy - if you decide to leave ACM at any point, we will never ask for that money back.
- We're flexible - we treat our team members like professionals and give them autonomy to exercise their judgment and manage their schedules as they see fit. Get that workout in, run those errands - we trust you to manage your workload and meet those deadlines.
- We keep it fun! We encourage social activities outside of work, have company initiatives to keep you engaged with your peers, and have great technological tools to keep you connected.
- We've got you covered from Day 1 - your extended healthcare and maternity leave benefits kick in on your first day of work!
ACM Management is an advisory practice based out of downtown Vancouver specializing in financial reporting and corporate services for public companies. We offer clients a complete service package to assist them in timely and accurate disclosures. Our clients are from all industry sectors and are issuers on the TSX-V, CSE, NASDAQ, and the OTC.
We are one of the fastest growing accounting firms in Canada, and we've got some big goals that are going to send us to the top. We are a firm with an anti-firm culture - think tech startup, but accounting. We're ditching the traditional top-down management hierarchy approach and are leaning into a holacratic system of organizational governance. We are on a journey to become the go-to training place for accountants of all levels who want to work in industry. Our accounting practice specializes in assisting public companies with their financial reporting and accounting needs, and we help private companies navigate the waters of going and staying public. When it comes to clients, we are industry-agnostic. We never shy away from clients in new and emergent industries, and we've worked with companies in e-commerce, retail, manufacturing, cannabis, mining, and biotechnology, to name a few. We've got a lot on the go, and as far as we're concerned, the only barrier to reaching our goals is finding exceptional talent to keep building out our team.Our Core Values
Mastery: At ACM, we pursue knowledge. We aspire to be the best at our craft, and we create and pursue opportunities to build on our expertise.
Support: At ACM, you're never alone. Teamwork and collaboration are our bedrock, and constant support for each other and our clients is what sets us apart.
Ownership: At ACM, we fight to take responsibility. We own our mistakes and our oversights, and are relentlessly committed to our responsibility to our colleagues and our clients.
Kaizen: At ACM, we don't settle. Kaizen is a business philosophy that means "change for the better", or "continuous improvement". We recognize that nothing is perfect, but we're striving for it anyway.