Our vision is to be the global leader in outstanding venues and events with a mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through prudent management of public facilities.
BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo), owner and operator of BC Place Stadium and the Vancouver Convention Centre is hiring an energetic and innovative Applications Support Specialist to problem solve and fix issues related to a wide range of technologies.
You are a skilled technical support specialist who enjoys problem solving and working for a progressive and supportive organization. The Specialist will answer Tier 1 level technical issues related to business enterprise applications, including event based software management. This position must exemplify good customer service, effective technical support, and be willing to go the extra mile to provide an optimal experience for internal and external users.
You use your time efficiently and react well when under pressure. You are adaptable, professional and motivated, especially when assisting our team members, clients and exhibitors at the venues.
This is a great opportunity to expand your technical and relationship building skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assess incoming internal help tickets to determine priority and resolve or escalate if necessary.
- Respond to support and inquiry calls from clients and exhibitors including root cause analysis.
- Provide first-line troubleshooting and end-user technical support for all enterprise business applications.
- Identifies opportunities for business process improvements and efficiencies.
- Utilize helpdesk software to log, prioritize, and manage all problems to resolution.
- Support the daily operation and maintenance of the databases; troubleshoot and report issues as needed.
- Create and maintain documentation of existing applications architecture, and make recommendations for improvement where applicable.
- Ensure process maps and systems processes are aligned and remain current- for training and facilitating future updates.
- Find creative ways to engage system users by exploring use of various training delivery options and resource guides.
- Keep detailed records of changes to application configuration and to user roles and permissions.
- Submit detailed support tickets to vendors and follow up to ensure timely resolution.
- Write and revise test cases and coordinate user testing prior to application upgrades.
- Participate in project initiatives including large scale functionality/new module rollout.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ideally, you hold a College Diploma or Associates degree in computer networking/business.
- 3-5 years' experience working in a technical support role with enterprise applications.
- Sound working knowledge of a wide variety of standard software applications including Ungerboeck (EBMS), HRIS DayForce, plus hotel software systems such as Opera, Delphi, etc.
- You have the ability to explain complex technical information to end users.
The Application Support Specialist will naturally align with our five core values:
- Service Excellence
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusivity
BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo), a global leader in venue development, marketing and management is a provincial Crown Corporation with a significant mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through its world class facilities - BC Place Stadium and the Vancouver Convention Centre. Our internationally-recognized facilities host a diverse range of events, from global summit meetings, professional and amateur sports to trade and consumer shows, and cultural, film and entertainment events, generating in excess of $400 million annually of economic benefit.
Our award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre consistently attracts and hosts more than 550 globally sought-after events a year, from global conventions and trade and consumer shows to meetings, banquets, and special events, welcoming hundreds of thousands of attendees including industry leaders from around the world working in medicine, education, arts, intellectual science and many other influential fields.
BC Place Stadium, Western Canada's premiere venue for live events, is home to the BC Lions Football Club, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, the Canada Sevens, the BC Sports Hall of Fame, the largest consumer shows in Western Canada, world class concerts and incredible community events!
At PavCo, you will join an extraordinary team recognized for a commitment to delivering unparalleled, seamless service to our guests and leadership in all aspects of our business.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants who meet the qualifications and requirements should submit their cover letter and resume via the Dayforce Careers portal by clicking on the "Apply Now" button.
This is a unique opportunity to join a remarkable organization and an innovative team dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
The team at PavCo thanks you for your application.
At PavCo, we are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply. Other details
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular