If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form
. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application. Software Development Engineer II
Would you like to be part of a team that powers Expedia Cruises through the latest and best on AWS and contributes to the next generation experience and platform for our customers and partners? Then come join our team!
The Cruise team is seeking a highly motivated software engineer who will design and build fault-tolerant and scalable solutions. We are looking for someone to work with the team to implement and iterate on features quickly and efficiently for both the front and back end systems.
The DPS cruise technology team will be managing and upgrading the current Expedia Cruises platform - which powers and supports our B2B Cruise Operations - to the next level to help better scale the business for both Expedia and our partners.What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Design and implement products and solutions that are highly scalable with high quality, clean, maintainable, and well-documented code across the full technology stack
- Work collaboratively with all members of the technical staff and other partners to build and ship outstanding software in a fast-paced environment
- Find opportunities for process and technology improvements, and work towards adoption and implementation
- Assist with supporting Production systems (includes investigating issues and working towards resolution)
- Exercise creativity and provide alternative solutions to a given problem removing roadblocks and driving issues to closure
- Create/update documentation for the purpose of sharing knowledge between team members
- Actively participate in group technology reviews to critique work of self and others
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or any other related technical field; or equivalent related professional experience
- 1+ years relevant work experience
- Reliable and collaborates well with others
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Working experience with C# and .net Framework along with a good grasp of OO design and strong design patterns knowledge
- Experience with cloud-computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Good knowledge of full web stack and modern web application architecture
- Experience with or willing to learn Java and Spring MVC
- Knowledge of databases, SQL and No-SQL
#LI-LM2About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group's Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you're confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is lifeatexpediagroup.com/jobs.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.