What You Need To Know Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits (SGWS) is the world's pre-eminent distributor of beverage alcohol, and proud to be a multi-generational family-owned company. Overview
Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory, market segment, and/or supplier brand by effectively selling the company's products/services and providing excellent customer service to fulfill the potential of our suppliers and customers. Primary Responsibilities
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Make regular sales calls to off-premise customers to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with the service provided
- Analyze, plan, establish and maintain an efficient and productive daily call pattern in assigned territory
- Achieve assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives
- Analyze the total territory and each account to determine the priority selling, promotional, and merchandising opportunities
- Implement and maintain up-to-date accurate records of sales, competitive activity, and payment performances of all accounts in assigned territory
- Recognize major trends and directions, describe major trends associated with a specific type of market, and discuss the organization's position and plans with regard to key product trends
- Install and maintain appropriate point-of-sale/ printed materials within accounts that are clean and current
- Participate in/and assist in relevant trade shows, supplier lead marketing initiatives
- Ensure order information is captured accurately, work with a specific sales system as part of current responsibilities and conduct day-to-day sales order entry
- Assist customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock)
- Participate in sales projects, account evaluations, proposals, presentations, and other sales-related activities
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and licensed producer tours to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related discipline is preferred.
- Ability to maintain a valid and current driver's license
- Working knowledge and proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office Suite (e.g., Outlook for email, Excel to track metrics, Word and PowerPoint to create documents, and presentations), and experience with Customer Relation Management (CRM) systems
- Goal-oriented focused, and assertive individual who needs a little direction or supervision
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate discounts
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills to communicate with direct customers on the telephone and internally effectively and be able to manage time effectively.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or mobile device
- Physical demands with activity or condition may occasionally include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 56lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.