Novacom Building Partners
Novacom is a General Contractor based in Surrey, BC. We value people, relationships, innovation and culture. We believe in constantly improving ourselves to provide the best possible service to our clients. Our core business is commercial construction of financial institutions, restaurants, offices and retail spaces. We're doing construction differently, and we're thinking outside the box about how we can improve our company and our industry.Site Superintendent (Victoria)
We are looking for an experienced Site Superintendent in Victoria, BC to join our growing team, who will be responsible for a management for a tenant improvement projects in Victoria up to $5M. Projects will be commencing mid January 2022 - June 2022. Opportunities for ongoing work may also be available.RequirementsJob Duties + Responsibilities:
- Job Site Coordination -- manage day-to-day activities on site and ensure that the project runs smoothly from start to finish.
- Subtrade/Supplier Management - ability to manage construction subtrades and suppliers on the job site and mitigate issues that may arise in the course of a project
- Project Management Interface -- ability to work in partnership with the Project Management team to deliver a high quality finished product while managing the schedule and budget
- Client Interface -- meeting with architects, consultants, and clients to manage project issues and maintain positive working relationships
- Project Documentation --use Microsoft and other web-based software to manage labour, materials, and equipment, cost coding, expense submittals, field reports, schedules, meeting minutes, request for changes, etc.
- Budget Management -- continuous monitoring and management of project budget, ability to minimize project costs through inventive methods and regular financial reporting to management
- Driven - self-motivated and driven to push things forward no matter the circumstance
- Energetic - engaged personality that takes on complex challenges with enthusiasm
- Independent - ability to communicate effectively with team, but also act authoritatively on your own
- Honest - willingness to admit when you've made a mistake and take ownership
- Administrative - ability to track budgets, change orders, field reports, weekly progress reports etc.
- Personable - able to build and maintain solid relationships with vendors and clients
- Communicator - good at proactively with subtrades and team, strong verbal & written communication skills
- Organizer- meticulous in site organization
- Mobile - willing to travel and be flexible in work locations
Why Join Us:
- 5-10 years' experience in the commercial construction field, preferably in a Site Superintendent capacity
- Construction knowledge - overall understanding of construction process, sequencing, etc
- Competitive Pay - Salary commensurate with experience for this role - typical range is $85-105K
- Benefit Plan - strong benefit plan for you and your family that is above industry standard.
- Technology - we have a modern software set-up for construction including Procore, Site Docs, Smartsheet, Building Connected, Microsoft Teams.
- Annual Profit sharing / incentive - you share in the company's profitability. An annual percentage of profits are shared with the employees.
- Growth - Excellent candidates will have opportunity for growth within the company
- Culture - If you're looking for a company with a family dynamic where you can have opportunities to grow, be challenged and known by your co-workers, then come join us!