VCA Canada Island Animal Hospital in Nanaimo, BC
is accepting applications for our 2022 Summer Veterinary Student positions. This is your chance to apply your classroom studies to real life and acquire first-hand experience in a working veterinary hospital.
Our summer positions will provide you with invaluable insights into your career path post graduation. As a valued member of our team, you will develop practical and professional skills by working closely with our licensed doctors and technicians. You will be introduced to the inner workings of our hospitals while also gaining exposure and education in some of the following areas:
- Patient intake and history
- Triage, treatments and case dynamics
- Pharmaceutical classification and inventory
- Assisting in advanced diagnostics/procedures
- Hands on compassionate care duties
- Patient handling and restraint
- Assisting with laboratory and imaging diagnostics
- General hospital maintenance
Why You Should Consider Us
- Applicants must be current Canadian students enrolled in a DVM program
- Must be able to repeatedly lift at least 40 lbs
- Exceptional client service skills that build trust and loyalty
- Compassionate and nurturing attitude providing care to clients and patients
- Work effectively as a team player
- Ability to remain calm and efficient in stressful situations
- Initiative in carrying out assignments independently
By joining us in a summer position, you will be starting on your journey with VCA Canada in building relationships that will take you anywhere you want to go. This is an excellent opportunity to open doors for future employment and to see what VCA Canada can offer you. We are a cross-country family and network of professionals that support ongoing growth and opportunity for professional development. Apply now or email [email protected] for more information!If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Canada is Canada's largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to providing compassionate care for pets. Our team of over 2500 people operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people - people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. In support we provide career development and growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.
Benefits: Additionally, we offer a generous compensation package including health and dental insurance, paid vacation, employee discounts, CE, and more.