VCA Canada is Canada's largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to providing compassionate care for pets. Our team of over 2500 people operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people - people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. In support we provide career development and growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VAERC is a 24 hour emergency and specialty hospital that has been serving the community for 38 years! Our new, custom built facility supports our teams in providing quality care for companion animals and injured and sick wildlife. The facility is fully equipped and trained to handle virtually any problem that may arise. Our staff are chosen for their skill, compassion and experience and their drive to provide exceptional client care.Job Title:
Veterinary Technologist Assistant Team Leader (VTA-TL)Reports To:
General Manager, Assistant General ManagerJob Summary:
The role of Specialty VTA Team Leader will support, lead and direct the VTA's in a professional and engaging manner while recognizing the responsibilities involved in responding to client and co-worker questions. The VTA Team Leader will also work closely with the hospital's leadership team to promote a positive hospital image while continuously evolving our team culture to become the veterinary employer of choice in our Vancouver market.Duties and Responsibilities:
The following serve as examples and is not all inclusive:
VCA Canada Offers!
- Ensures all new staff members receive orientation and adequate training prior to being placed into the rotation.
- Provides support, coaching/mentoring and motivation to all team members by being present on the floor for various shifts and checking in with each service regularly.
- Creates an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Assigns time to administrative duties to consistently meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Submit a weekly report or in-person briefing as to address progress or needs to hospital team.
- Recognizes limitations of the service, team or individual members and seeks out solutions to resolve situations proactively.
- Recognizes conflict within the team and attempt to resolve it in a timely manner. Submit incident reports regarding such conflict when appropriate.
- Produces a strategic schedule that ensures an equal (fair) rotation for all full time staff members while meeting the needs of the business.
- Coordinate vacation coverage to ensure all shifts are adequately staffed and work closely with the other team leaders to ensure complete hospital coverage using trained full time staff before locums whenever possible.
- Assists with interviewing and hiring new staff members for the team.
- Attend leadership meetings and contribute feedback as to decisions put forward by the leadership team and ensure complete confidentially from all discussion at these meetings. Brings forth any concerns to the leadership on behalf of your team.
- Be accountable for team performance through teaching, in the moment coaching and providing feedback to build capabilities.
- Assists with conducting annual performance reviews for team members and gather feed back from other hospital staff members.
- Assists with coach and connect sessions with each team member on a quarterly basis.
- Assists with planning regular continuing education events for the team to be held in conjunction with the monthly team meeting whenever possible.
- Update training manuals as necessary.
- Manage payroll and ADP time clocks for VTA team members
At our core are our people - people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. When you join our family, VCA Canada offers:
VCA Canada Cares
- Comprehensive compensation structures that include wellness days, sick days and vacation time.
- Continuing education benefits
- Exceptional career development
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- NAVTA and professional dues
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals!!
- And extra perks!
At VCA Canada we don't see an animal, we see a family member. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrates this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more, www.vcacanada.com.Email: [email protected]
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
Benefits: Additionally, we offer a generous compensation package including health and dental insurance, paid vacation, employee discounts, CE, and more.