VCA Canada is Canada's largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to providing compassionate care for pets. Our team of over 2500 people operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people - people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. In support we provide career development and growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
Located on King George Blvd in Surrey BC, Newton Animal Hospital is a dynamic, progressive, team focused clinic, with a goal to deliver high quality medicine, preventative care and surgery in a caring and personalized manner. Our work environment offers a challenging, quick-paced, high-adrenaline work environment where team work and high quality care is at the heart of what we do.
We want to invest in you! CE opportunity focused on building therapeutic laser and rehabilitation knowledge. How to Apply
In this role you will work directly with a CCRT (Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist) DVM, who has built a loyal client base offering a wide range of orthopedic surgery services. We perform advanced orthopedic surgery and complex tissue surgeries, and we want a RVT who is dedicated to further developing your skills in this specialized area. Here at Newton Animal Hospital, not only will you use your RVT skills every day; diagnostics, nursing care, rehabilitation and client education, you will be developed into the best of the best! You will be supported to grow and develop your skills and knowledge with focused continuing education (CE) courses for this specialized area, fully paid for. Plus, you will be joining a larger team of like minded professionals; caring, talented and down right fun(we do have a great sense of humour!).Qualifications:
- 1 year minimum experience within a RVT role, assisting with surgeries an asset
- Strong anesthesia skills
- Keen ability to learn complex tasks: laser therapy CE opportunity
- Keen desire to become a Surgical RVT within Canine Rehabilitation
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a dynamic and diverse team
- Positive and enthusiastic outlook for learning
- Technical skills such as digital x-ray, anesthesia, nursing care, surgical assisting, dentistry, lab sample collecting
- Proof of good standing with provincial association
- Tuesday - Friday 08:30 Start time. NO WEEKENDS & NO LATE SHIFTS!!
Located on King George Blvd in Surrey BC, Newton Animal Hospital is a dynamic, progressive, team focused clinic, with a goal to deliver high quality medicine, preventative care and surgery in a caring and personalized manner.VCA Canada Offers!
At our core are our people - people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. A team we think of as family. When you join our family, VCA Canada offers:
VCA Canada Cares
- Compensation will be aligned with experience
- Continuing education benefits with a focus on canine rehabilitation and surgical procedures
- Exceptional career development
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- NAVTA and professional dues
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals!!
- And extra perks!
At VCA Canada we don't see an animal, we see a family member. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities we serve and demonstrates this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward. Please visit our website to learn more, www.careers.vcacanada.com.
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
Benefits: Additionally, we offer a generous compensation package including health and dental insurance, paid vacation, employee discounts, CE, and more.