Company DescriptionMaintenance Electrician
Fly in/Fly out
Grow your career with a company that shares your passion!
Our Energy & Resources Division has an exciting new opportunity to join the Sodexo team as our next - Electrician!
Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada! Job DescriptionAccountabilities/Responsibilities:
Growth, Development & Qualifications
- Serves as a lead electrician repairing, installing, replacing, and testing electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
- Uses hand tools and testing instruments.
- Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits.
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems.
- Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes.
- Estimates time and material costs on electrical projects.
- Requisitions new electrical supplies and equipment.
- Document all work in the CMMS system.
- Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight.
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, or growler.
- Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures.
- Mounts motors, transformers and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- Develops, under management supervision, capital project scope and budget for equipment replacements and energy conservation opportunities.
- Verify and implement preventive maintenance standards on all electrical distribution equipment.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Applies all applicable provincial and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- May supervise other tradespersons, including contractors or other Sodexo personnel
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintains professionalism and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all provincial and local requirements related to all assigned work.
Working Conditions Will work in both indoor and outdoor environments, in varying weather conditions
- Journeyman Red Seal electrician
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 5 - 10 or more years related work experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of building trades is required.
- Valid Driver's license required
- Varying schedule to include evenings, nights, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Additional InformationWhat Sodexo Can Offer You:
- Serving Clients and Customers
- Analysis and Decision Making
- Quality Assurance and Safety
- Diversity and Awareness
- Drive and Dependability
- Interpersonal Relations
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2019
- Canada's Best Employers by Forbes 2019
- Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2019
• And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about! Instagram:
Sodexo Canada CareersFacebook:
Sodexo CA Jobs