IGG's CG/VFX Team is looking for a Cinematic Houdini FX artist/TD to support our game trailers/videos. The position requires collaborating with discipline leads and other team members to meet deadlines while observing the existing style and technical restraints. Artistic/Technical talent, experience, effective communication and teamwork are essential components of a successful applicant.
IGG Canada is a premium mobile game and video production studio located at 5 East 8th Ave. Vancouver, Canada. With spectacular views of the downtown skyline, coastal mountains and English Bay, our new studio is spacious, high-tech and inspiring.
IGG Canada is a division of IGG - I Got Games, a global interactive digital entertainment company that specializes in the development of and operation of Mobile Games. Established in 2006, IGG was founded with the aim of becoming a leading massively multiplayer game publisher and developer. The company has rapidly expanded its global operations, through strategic partnerships with popular gaming platforms such as Facebook, iOS, Amazon, Google Play, Kongregate and many others. IGG currently operates studios in China, Philippines, Singapore, the U.S. and Canada which opened its doors in 2013.
If you're passionate about creating mobile games that reach millions of players around the world and are interested in becoming an integral member of our Canadian team of superheroes, we want to hear from you!
Our last game trailer for you to watch:
1. Lords Mobile x Saint Seiya: Burn Your Cosmo!: https://youtu.be/k01xtOgAwrw
2. Time Princess Dress Up: https://youtu.be/iyKGl0zQPxo
- Work closely with creative director and leads to determine the best approach to solve effects challenges and develop final look in shot development;
- Create a wide variety of realistic effects, such as smoke, fire, water, and destruction etc;
- Coordinate with the lighting department to ensure FX element integration;
- Work with other TDs, art directors, and artists to create photo-real effects and physically accurate simulations;
- Work with the established pipeline and offer constructive suggestions for improvements;
- Stay up to date on best practices in the industry, work to integrate them into the project;
- Other duties assigned by the team
- 2+ years of experience in film/animation/game CG/VFX
- Degree/Diploma in related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of Houdini
- Able to work independently with minimal daily supervision as well as in a team environment
- Please send in a link of your most recent demo reel
Position type: permanent or others to be discussed
Compensation Package for permanent employees:
- Comprehensive benefits after 3 months include extended health, dental, vision & prescription coverage.
- Paid Vacation + paid Sick days: 18 days(accumulated and based on percentage earning)
- Active Living Benefits (such as Fitness Memberships, Registration fees for team sports reimbursement) after 3 months
- Training and development fee reimbursement after 3 months
- Dependent Child Benefit
- Paid Holiday Closure between Christmas & New Year week
- Statutory paid holidays
- RRSP matching after 1 year
- Monthly Commute Allowance after 3 months
- Monthly Team lunch
Perks for permanent employees:
- On-site car and Bike Parking
- Work hours: 10 am to 6 pm with 1 hour paid lunch.
- Foosball & Pool Tables on site
- Gym on site
- Dress code: Casual
- Child Gift
- Lots of snacks, drinks available
- Random extra Bonus/Gifts
- Referral Bonus
This job has to work on-site.