Job Title: Technical Team Lead
Requisition ID: R009853
Job Description: Who we are:
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders .
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much . What we do:
We are looking for a Technical Team Lead
to join the Performance Engineering team, who are responsible for the tools that Demonware teams use to ensure our services can perform and scale. These tools simulate the complex behavior of tens of millions of concurrently connected players and t hey are used by teams across the organization to determine and resolve capacity and performance problems before they are felt in production. They are critical to the success of Demonware supported games .
Y ou'll be leading the development of solutions that are scalable, reliable, and observable as well as being easy to use at scale. You'll be collaborating closely with P roduct and T echnical owners across the organization to build the vision for performance testing at Demonware, and leading the technical delivery of the team to build and operate a performance testing system with a focus on scalability, reliability, and u sability. Your responsibilities:
- Design, develop, maintain and evolve the performance testing libraries, services, and tools according to Demonware's standards of reliability and quality
- Steer the team's roadmap in collaboration with P roduct M anagement
- Participate in cross-team technical discussions, and contribute to and review designsand code from other teams throughout the company.
- Be instrumental in setting technical direction and best practices for our current and future needs .
- Mentor and lead other team members on feature implementation, ensuring requirementsare met in a timely appropriate manner
- 6+ years of experience in a similar technical leadership role (other combinations of technical skills and experience will be considered)
- Experience leading large cross-team technical projects.
- Experience mentoring and leading a team to effectively deliver reliable and high-quality s oftware and services.
- Experience designing tools and services for use by other internal engineering teams.
- Experience with large scale performance testing tools, technologies, and approaches.
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes in a production environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Love to code. Excellent development skills in either or both of Python and Go with an insatiable desire to automatethings.
- Has initiative to own the day to day of an engineering project, and can complete complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience designing effective tests and test strategies at the scale of millions of concurrent connections.
What Demonware Offers:
- Experience modelling and simulating accurate loads.
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks .