Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager is an integral part of the day-to-day operation of a very busy Human Resources department that supports multiple divisions across Canada. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing sound human resources guidance and support to business leaders, and leading Human Resources projects.
This position is involved in all areas of Human Resources: performance management, health and safety, employee relations, labour relations, recruitment (limited), and plenty of projects.
- Guide leaders to ensure employee matters are proactively reviewed and addressed. These could involve union or non-union employees.
- Provide support to business leaders to ensure they have the resources and guidance to make informed decisions.
- Provide written documents when needed for progressive discipline matters.
- Assist the recruiting teams when needed
Health and Safety
- Manage the health and safety program
- Assist with launching a new performance management program
- Assist managers and employees with the program to ensure timely and accurate completion of the document.
- Participate or lead projects as they arise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum 7 years experience in Human Resources management, with 3+ years working in a business partner capacity
- Labour relations experience working with collective agreements is required
- Strong foundation in behavioral interviewing.
- Excellent abilities with Word and Excel.
- Good understanding of employment legislations, employment standards, and health and safety standards.
- Excellent writing skills to write discipline letters, policy documents, and employee communications.
- Experience with tactful communications to influence a variety of audiences and build trust.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Experience work handling sensitive and confidential employee matters such as progressive discipline, compensative, harassment, terminations, and leaves.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset.
EDUCATION AND DESIGNATION
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources required
- CHRP designation required
- Base salary
- Annual incentive plan based on company performance
- Health benefits plus virtual healthcare
- Group pension plan with employer matching contributions
- Option to purchase Doman stock at a discounted price
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuting expense reimbursement: 100% transit and 50% parking costs
- Education reimbursement
- Scholarships for children
- Discounts on product purchases
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent, full-time
WORK LOCATION: Vancouver, BC
CanWel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.