Job Title: Technical Team Lead, App Platform
Requisition ID: R006676
Job Description: Who we are:
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much. What we do:
We're looking for a Technical Team Lead
for our Application Platform team, who are responsible for the libraries, services and tools with which other teams build game-facing products and services. We deal with the difficult challenge of making online service development easier for our colleagues and customers in Demonware and elsewhere in Activision.
Our technology is always evolving to support more users, be more efficient and make life easier for other Demonware engineers who build services and game features. You would be evolving it for the future. Your responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and evolve the application platform libraries, services and tools according to Demonware's standards of reliability and quality
- Work on a broad and challenging set of software engineering problems to enable faster, more reliable and easier service development in our data centers
- Mentor other team members on feature implementation, ensuring requirements are met in a timely appropriate manner
- Steer the team's roadmap
- Participate in cross-team technical discussions
- Contribute to and review designs and code from other teams throughout the company
- Support our customers as they roll-out new features to game-studio partners, and provide support and consultancy to our colleagues around the world
- Partner with other engineers to troubleshoot problems with online and multiplayer features, and provide an excellent customer experience
- Provide mentorship on best practices for backend development and integration
- 6+ years Software Development experience
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills allowing effect interactions with internal/external teams
- Love to code. Excellent development skills, knowledge of either or both of Python and C++ is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with building backend services.
- Previous experience designing APIs for use by other developers. Can explain what makes a well-designed API.
- Knowledge of database design, including MySQL and NoSQL databases
- A good understanding of networking protocols: TCP, HTTP, TLS, etc.
- Ability to analyze requirements and make corresponding design decisions
What Demonware Offers:
- Experience with game development or game engines
- Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies
- Experience with Linux & open-source technologies
- Experience with large scale services (up to millions of concurrent users)
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.