Job Title: Software Development Internship (Vancouver) - May 2022
Requisition ID: R010669
Job Description: Software Development Internship
Demonware (Activision), Vancouver, Canada
May 2022New graduates and current students are encouraged to apply. To be considered, please apply to this role and complete our Codility assessment:
https://app.codility.com/public-link/Demonware-Internship-2022/ The Company
Demonware provides online software and services for gaming. We design, develop, and host services for some of the world's biggest video game franchises, including Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot.
We are a technology-driven company with a commitment to openness. This means collaborating to solve problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and the best idea wins. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
Demonware has offices in Dublin, Ireland; Vancouver, Canada; and Shanghai, China, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. Big company challenges, small company culture
Demonware hosts millions of concurrently connected users. Technologies we use but not limited to are Python, Linux, MySQL, C++, and Erlang. We solve tough problems on a day to day basis, and interns have a big impact on what we do
. We've had interns commit code and have it running in production within the first three days of joining.
We also like to have fun while we're working hard. We dress casually, we have flexible hours, and we have kickass coffee.
"We get to work with large distributed systems, debug them, and have to visualize them in our heads - things you wouldn't have exposure to or get to touch in any other workplace. The work is challenging, and you get to work alongside highly experienced people."
- Tyler Dixon, intern, 16 months The Role
- Helping game studios integrate multiplayer features into the next 'Call of Duty'.
- Developing plugins and extending our automation framework.
- Developing core features for our allocation and provisioning systems.
- Evolving, scaling, productizing and supporting our Kubernetes platform.
- Designing and implementing tools and automations running on distributed systems.
- Deploying and maintaining multiple Kubernetes clusters across multiple DCs with hundreds of nodes.
- Performing root cause analyses and proposing and/or implementing appropriate engineering solutions to prevent or mitigate recurring incidents.
- Participating in design and code reviews.
- Creating tools to automate all the things!
We're open to work terms of 8, 12, or 16 months. Generally, the longer term (8 Month+) is preferred as you get more in-depth experience. Requirements
- Excellent programming skills.
- A good grasp of fundamental algorithms and data structures.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Familiarity with source control (git preferred).
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills.
- Can identify complex problems and find simple solutions.
- Can clearly communicate technical concepts in plain English.
- Understanding of SQL-based databases (MySQL preferred)
- Knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. TCP, UDP.
- Experience with multi-platform software development.
- Experience with security and scalability.
- Experience developing REST web services.
- Experience with Kubernetes and golang.
We're looking for the same qualities as Joel Spolsky: "smart, and gets things done". For that reason, we welcome your application even if your work experience is limited and you haven't yet built up a mile-long resume.
Please list any additional experience you have with Linux at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, any interesting school assignments you worked on, any open source involvement and a link to your code repository and/or blog. Perks
How to Apply
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch, and drinks from a fully stocked kitchen
- City-center office location
- Relocation assistance
- Vacation allowance
- Competitive pay
- Free games
- Intern Team Events
Please submit your resume, cover letter (optional but preferred) and a copy of your most recent school transcripts via this application. As part of the application process, you will need to complete an online coding challenge
Once you have completed the test, our hiring teams will review your results and your application documents.
Below you will find a link to the Codility site where the challenge is hosted. You will need a full 130 minutes
of uninterrupted time to complete the challenge. Demonware Internship Test 2022: