Company DescriptionIndependent Supply Company
is a premier Canadian wholesale supplier of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration products. We have an expanding support network in Pacific Canada, the Prairies and Ontario to service our growing customer base.
As a part of the EMCO family, ISC subscribes to strong core values that impact our decisions and actions on a daily basis. We are committed to building strong relationships based on the foundations of Fairness & Caring, Straight Talk, Trust & Respect, and Generous Listening on which the EMCO brand is built. "Do the right thing" is the fundamental belief that shapes our interactions with our customers.
Our team consists of highly trained, entrepreneurial individuals with the experience and expertise to provide you with the solutions for all your HVAC and Refrigeration needs. We are committed to being your supply partner, doing whatever is necessary to help you achieve your business goals.Job Description
As a Strategic Development Program Trainee, you will progress through a 5-phased program to learn every aspect of our business from shipping and receiving, to sales, operations, purchasing, account management and everything in between.
Training and development are the foundations to excellence, and we would like to offer you a chance to join our team and have the freedom to live into your dreams.What we offer:
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:Phase 1 - Warehouse Logistics
- A world-class sales leadership development program
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with a competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
Phase 2 - Sales & Operations
- Learn the products we sell, how they get from the vendor to the customer & understand all levels of sales support.
Phase 3 - Inside Sales/Project Management
- Get involved in our customer service, counter sales, order management, inventory and pricing controls, credit management, financial statements, and much more...
Phase 4 - Outside Sales/Account Management
- Go from helping customers with various product and service issues to managing large-scale projects.
- Learn how to find new business opportunities, sell our products, negotiate contracts, and build customer and vendor relationships.
- In this phase, you can take all of your training and determine your ideal career path.Qualifications
Additional InformationWhy Join Our Team?
- Post-Secondary education a plus
- Not afraid to "get your hands dirty"
- Mechanically inclined
- Positive attitude and a results-oriented mindset
- Desire to continuously learn and grow
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada's largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.