Make an impact with SGS! With more than 94,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world's leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world's top multinationals and one of the world's most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.Job Description
- Unpack, sort, transfer and dry samples
- Execute and perform crushing, pulverizing and screening of geological materials as per SGS' Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct routine quality checks including particle size analysis, dust loss and report data immediately to the Supervisor or group leader if results are outside of acceptability parameters.
- Ensure that work order documentation is complete in every respect and QC results are entered into SLIMS as necessary.
- Maintain clean and organized workbench area ensuring spills are immediately cleaned; disposal is according to laboratory procedures including any special requirements for handling international soils.
- Ensure that equipment's are maintained in good order making the Supervisor or group leader aware of any damaged or defective equipment or any equipment requiring adjustment i.e. pulverizing time or crushers gaping.
- Keep all records and notebooks in good order including work order and equipment maintenance logs.
- May be asked to work in other areas of the Geochemistry laboratory sections when required.
- Education: High school Diploma.
- Experience: 0-1 years of relevant work experience required or equivalent experience through education.
- Strong analytical and mechanical skills
- Ability to perform routine bench tests
- A willingness to learn new analytical tests, instrumentation and procedures
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Candidates must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required.
- Ensures full compliance with the company's Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.