The Weighmaster will interact face-to-face at the weighscale with members of the general public. This position
is responsible for performing a variety of clerical andcashier duties relating to the operation of weigh scales in
a fast paced, high-volume environment. The transfer stationsare open 363 days per year. Applicants must be
willing and able to work shifts which may include day,afternoon, graveyard and/or weekend shifts.
What will you do?
• Greet and direct all customersupon entry of the transfer station;
• Scale inbound and outboundcommercial and private vehicles using software to determine the net
weight of loads, enter transaction data and collect payment;
• Correctly identify thatmaterials delivered to the transfer station conform with site rules andrestrictions;
• Communicate/educate customerson acceptable products and recyclables;
• Assist customers withalternative disposal or recycling options for unacceptable products;
• Provide our customers withoutstanding customer service;
• Perform administrative dutiesand reporting as required;
• Maintain petty cash and distributionof petty cash in compliance with standard protocols;
• Maintain a clean and tidyworking environment in and around the scale office;
• Process payments and performdaily/end of shift reconciliation;
• Perform daily scaleinspections.
What will you bring?
• Grade 12 or GED equivalency;
• Proficiency in using MS Office(Word, Excel); working knowledge of a scale system considered an asset;
• Strong customer focus alongwith a calm demeanor during periods of high volume;
• An aptitude for numbers andsharp attention to detail;
• Self-driven and energetic;
• Ability to deal tactfully andeffectively with the public and coworkers;
• Ability to multi-task dutiesand shift priorities as necessary;
• Ability to work well underpressure