Part-Time, Temporary (Academic Year)
Mulgrave is one of Canada's leading independent co-educational pre-K - 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation.
Mulgrave School inspires students to achieve their personal best by providing a rich and engaging programme that develops students' skills, promotes curiosity and love of learning, and prioritises well-being. Teaching and learning are enriched by opportunities for exploration in the arts, including through a robust performing arts program that engages students at all grade levels, PK-12, both in and out of the classroom.
In order to provide the best possible learning environment for our highly diverse, multicultural student population, Mulgrave actively seeks to recruit staff members from groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in independent and international school faculties. BIPoC and 2SLGBTQ+ educators and those with disabilities are warmly encouraged to apply, and invited to reach out for more information about our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
The Performing Arts Assistant will provide support for the PreK-12 Performing Arts team, assist with the execution of performances at school and offsite, and provide administrative support for scheduling, budget, and communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your specific responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate with and provide general and specialist support for the school's Performing Arts and teachers so that they can inspire our students to achieve their best.
- Maintain the organisation and visual presentation of PreK-12 Performing Arts spaces, music inventories and band and choral music libraries.
- Oversee annual and ongoing maintenance of instruments, including orff instruments, band instruments, guitars, ukuleles and piano tunings.
- Assist with concert/performance planning and logistics which will include working with and supporting the theatre manager at performance times.
- Work with the Marketing and Events teams for Performing Arts events and promotion.
- Registration and facility bookings for offsite performances and tours including liaising with outside travel agents, booking buses, and organising chaperones for field trips.
- Manage and monitor SchoolCash Online activity for all Performing Arts events, instrument purchases and trips.
- Help with researching and identifying suppliers and ordering new equipment.
- Support Director of Performing Arts in tracking the budget, tracking invoices and cheque requisitions for PA team.
- Other duties as required by the Director of Performing Arts
All Mulgrave staff are expected to:
- Develop an environment that builds positive relationships and fosters an ethic of care
- Model respectful and timely communication with students, colleagues and parents
- Attend professional development workshops as required by the school
- Endorse the school's mission and values
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners
- Work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Manage time and workload effectively
- Demonstrate familiarity with spreadsheet programs such as Excel or Google sheets
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or in possession of a valid work visa)
- Hold or be willing to obtain an age appropriate First Aid Certificate
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.com/jobs/ by August 10, 2022. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.