Company DescriptionDescription de l'entreprise
ADGA fournit une vision stratégique, une technologie de classe mondiale et un service d'excellence dans le domaine de la défense, de la sécurité et de l'informatique d'entreprise à des clients du gouvernement fédéral, d'autres niveaux de gouvernement et du secteur privé. Dans un monde dominé par la convergence, ADGA fournit l'expertise et l'innovation dont les organisations ont besoin pour rester søres, efficaces et productives. Cela repose sur un bilan exceptionnel construit depuis 1967, en protégeant certains des actifs les plus critiques du Canada. Basée à Ottawa, avec des bureaux dans tout le Canada, ADGA est une société privée canadienne qui emploie plus de 800 employés, consultants techniques et experts en la matière.
ADGA provides strategic vision, world-class technology and service excellence in the areas of defence, security and enterprise computing to clients in the federal government, other levels of government and the private sector. In a world dominated by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to stay safe, efficient and productive. This is based on an exceptional balance sheet built since 1967, protecting some of Canada's most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company employing more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.Job DescriptionJob Description
We are currently seeking an electronics technician for our client located in Chilliwack British ColumbiaResponsibilities:
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance in accordance with approved maintenance plans.
- Ensures that test equipment is calibrated on a regular basis as per an approved calibration plan.
- Restores systems by replacing faulty modules or components. Repairs faulty modules on site when feasible.
- Makes necessary arrangements for modules to be repaired at the supplier's plant or at contractor's in-house repair facilities when repair is not possible on site.
- Records all maintenance and repair activities in the electronic maintenance information system (MIS).
- Maintains records showing all preventive and corrective maintenance activities, including test results
- Prepares and submits reports to the institutional representatives as specified in this document. Institutional representatives may request frequent meetings to monitor daily activities and unusual issues/problems.
- Performs annual inventory check of electronic security systems, their major components and major spare parts. Reports anomalies to institutional representatives for resolution. Example: major spare parts have been depleted and system is now vulnerable without spare parts on site; or; new systems have been added but the required maintenance hand-over reports have not been submitted to NHQ
- Inspect and test items returning from repair facilities to ensure they are operational and meet relevant quality parameters, including incoming spare parts.
- Maintains clean working areas; sweeping, washing and vacuuming floors as required.
- Complies with all local safety and security rules and regulations as published by the Institution.
- Provide Telephone Support to other Technicians when requested.
- Available for on-call services after regular hours as per the local on-call schedule.
- Submits reports to the Regional Supervisor.
- Proactively researches, and stays up to date with newly installed systems to be able to manage the equipment effectively.
- A minimum of a college degree from a technology program or equivalent. A combination of education and experience with proven ability to perform the duties of the position may be accepted.
- Knowledge of Communications in GP test equipment, commercial and personal computers and their peripherals as well as MS Office Suite software experience.
- This position requires exposure to information that requires a security clearance. All applicants must meet eligibility requirements for contracting with the Government of Canada
- The incumbent must be able to communicate his/her ideas clearly, and this requires good interpersonal skills in order to problem solve and interact at the client site effectively.
- Decisions require clear conceptual thinking of complex technical situations; advice must be sought if uncertainty exists.
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ an asset. Working at heights (Fall Arrest), First Aid, Confined Space and WHMIS.
- A very good understanding of RF, CATV, CCTV, PA/intercom and automated control systems is an asset.
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
ADGA s'engage à mettre la diversité en action pour bâtir une équipe plus forte et plus représentative et aider nos clients et nos communautés à prospérer. Nous sommes une entreprise fièrement canadienne. Nous nous engageons pour promouvoir la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans le milieu de travail et d'offrir à chaque personne les possibilités et les ressources qui lui permettront de réaliser son plein potentiel.