SW Video Compression Co-op Job Description
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a SW Video Compression Co-op!
This position is an Intel Contract Employee ICE and is located in Vancouver, Canada. Intel Contract Employees are hired directly by Intel on a fixed term or specified purpose contract and are employees of Intel for the duration of the contract.
Join our Intel Data Center Group Division at the Marine Gateway site in Vancouver. Our team is driving the innovation of SW video compression algorithms targeting the Intel Xeon CPUs and Data Centre platforms. As a co-op in our team, you'll get to take part of producing cutting edge video compression technologies with the latest and greatest Intel CPUs.
Your tasks would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Manual subjective testing and evaluation of sample video clips.
- Analyze and debug video coding artifacts.
- Produce comprehensive test case reports.
- Develop, run and collect results of automated test cases.
- Log Jira tickets for issues uncovered during the validation process.
- Add and maintain features in video player tools and sample application.
- Set up debug systems and / or performance systems according to precise HW specifications.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for the Job.
- High motivation with strong work ethic.
- Excellent teamwork ethics and skills.
- Ability to work in an agile work environment with a fast-paced task flow.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality results on time.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
For this position, candidates must be enrolled in a full-time Computer Engineering / Computer Science undergraduate degree and able to commit to at least an 8-month co-op term. Must possess excellent knowledge with the following:
- C/C programming language.
- Python multipurpose programming language.
- Command-line applications in both Windows and Linux.
- Batch and Bash commands.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with ffmpeg and any video rendering software solutions.
- Completed University undergraduate courses discussing video compression / processing work flows.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.