Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Not Applicable/NoneJob Description:
At Parsons, our transportation teams provide project management, design, construction, and construction inspection services for some of the most exciting transportation projects utilizing all methods of project delivery across Canada and around the world! Our success in delivering transportation projects has earned us numerous national and local awards, highlighting our well-established brand as a preeminent transportation engineering service provider in North America particularly for complex highway projects of all types.
We are looking for a Project Service Delivery Managers with experience leading and delivering BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (BC MoTI) projects from initiation to completion to join our team; one who inspires loyalty and commitment and understands design, construction, and delivering leading-edge transportation projects in our Western Canadian operations. This position requires a solid track record of managing highway design projects along with familiarity with BC MoTI standards and project delivery policies.
As a Project Services Delivery Manager, acting as the owner's representative, you will be responsible for the scope development, scope management and commercial performance of capital infrastructure projects to meet project goals and objectives. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms and corporate policies. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience coordinating projects through all phases of project inception, programming, design, and closeout will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Project Services Delivery Managers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills. This position offers in-office, virtual, or hybrid work environments options, with offices located in Victoria and Burnaby, British Columbia.
- Manage project activities to ensure they are executed in accordance with the project plan, balance competing demands against project scope, time, cost, and quality.
- Define specific activities that must be performed to produce the various project deliverables and identifies and documents the sequence of activities and interactive dependencies in order to develop the project plan.
- Manage the resources assigned to the project to ensure effectiveness.
- Identify, analyze, evaluate, and initiate appropriate actions to manage project risks; develops and documents a risk management plan.
- Determine what goods and services are required, when they are to be procured and the procurement method.
- Develop, analyze, and revise accurate and complete budget submissions.
- Manage the overall change control process throughout the life cycle of the project, including changes to the written scope statement, project schedule, budget, and deliverables.
- Oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of quality management and take appropriate corrective action.
- Providing mentoring to less experienced project team members.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 8+ years of related project delivery and/or program management experience ranging in scope and complexity of design and construction.
- Experience delivering BC MoTI projects and familiarity with the BC MoTI Project Management Policy Manual.
- Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Civil Engineering, or related field is an asset.
- Registered as Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), or eligible for registration, with Canadian provincial engineering regulatory bodies is an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation from Project Management Institute is an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to support client and project teams, as projects dictate.
- Valid Class 5 BC driver's license.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.