Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Not Applicable/NoneJob Description:
Ready to be part of a team that tackles infrastructure challenges? Want to take your engineering skills to the next level working on challenging projects that will make a positive impact on our communities? Some of our recent impactful projects in Western Canada include Highway 1 Kicking Horse Canyon Phase 4, Southwest Calgary Ring Road, Regina Bypass, and Highway 99 / 32 Avenue Interchange Improvements just to name a few.
Parsons is now hiring Intermediate Transportation Engineers with a desire to work on roads and highway projects that change the fabric of our communities. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. Parsons offers structured training, development, and opportunities to work on marquee projects as you and our fast paced business grow and evolve. We need our Intermediate Transportation Engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team oriented environments and who have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
In this role you will work on a variety of conventional and moderately complex roads and highway projects, applying engineering techniques and analyses. You will apply engineering techniques and analyses which may involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications.
- Independently develop and/or supervise the creation of engineering tasks that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
- Typical tasks may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required.
- May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate size project.
- Provide input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and other Engineers working on the same project.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or related field) and 5+ years of related work experience.
- Registered as Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), or eligible for registration, with Canadian provincial engineering regulatory bodies.
- Experience working on BC Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure or Alberta Transportation projects is an asset.
- Experience in utilizing Autodesk AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.