Overview of Position
The Contract Specialist is responsible for tasks pertaining to all aspects of Contracting for all Imaging customers, including processing purchase orders, Fast Track and other orders, contract requests, contract facilitation, contract drafting, contract issues, bookings, amendment requests, and amendment drafting. The Contract Specialist is responsible for providing accurate and timely Contracts and contract-related documents to Sales and the Customer in an efficient and professional manner. The Contract Specialist communicates clearly with Sales and Customers and provides support by answering contract and order-related inquiries, providing guidance, assisting with issues, prioritizing and ensuring that all Sales and Customer deadlines are met. The Contract Specialist serves as liaison between various groups and works closely with Sales, Sales Solution Architects, Order Specialists, Legal, Technical Accounting, AR, Contract Operations and other departments.What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Process and record all Customer POs
- Communicate with Customers on POs and answer any PO-related questions
- Process and track all contract requests, Fast Track orders, Government orders, Vendor Agreement orders, and orders
- Review all requests and communicate with Sales or Customer on special requirements, missing information, deadlines etc., and ensure that Customer and Sales needs are met
- Analyze requests, quotes and documents from a quality, suitability and Regulatory perspective (following Business Unit, Legal and Regulatory, Technical Accounting, and Contract Ops guidelines); reject quotes and documents with deficiencies; flag deals and notify Manager of any prospective Legal, Regulatory or Technical Accounting issues.
- Collaborate with Sales Solution Architects to ensure quotes are accurate and deliverable
- Liaise with other departments to secure information and necessary documents
- Provide guidance and validate all appropriate approvals are in place per policy and store approvals
- Allocate requests based on complexity
- Decide if contracts or amendments requires Legal, Regulatory Technical Accounting or Amendment Accounting review and approvals
- Research old agreements, facility information, and others using various databases and online sources
- Analyze contract requests, quotes and documents to identify areas that may require language in the contract to protect the Business Unit
- Draft Contracts or Amendments within drafting parameters
- Package and submit requests to Legal for Contracts or Amendments above threshold
- Update status of contract request for each step completed
- Perform Quality Assurance checks on Contracts, Amendments, letters, and notices
- Communicate with Sales or Customer on Contract and order-related inquiries or issues; assist Sales, other teams or Customer in gaining understanding on Contract sections
- Resolve and take ownership of any Sales or Customer Contract-related issues
- Handle issues lists and other contract changes; decide which resources to leverage for issues and approvals needed; assist Sales in interpreting responses and provide guidance
- Revise Contracts or Amendments based on Sales or Customer request
- Provide guidance to Sales and other teams on Contract and order process
- Assist Order Specialists with questions on maintenance-related sections, hardware removals and Amendments
- Answer questions from Contract Operations, AR or other departments in relation to Contract set up
- Draft notices or letters as necessary
- Provide Contracts / Orders / CHC Contract Support coverage, as required
- Other projects or responsibilities that may be assigned by the Contracts Manager or other Commercial Ops Leadership Team, Team Lead or Senior Specialist in the absence of the Manager.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Administrative Management, Accounting / Finance or Business diploma
- Minimum 2 years related experience in a sales environment or high-level customer service environment
- Strong MS Office skills, specifically advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong Keyboarding skills, 45 WPM, and solid math skills
- 1+ year of understanding contracts and contract language
- Highly developed organizational, multi-tasking, time management skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly in a high pace, challenging environment
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Basic accounting experience
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Great Attention to detail
General office demandsHow much should I expect to travel?
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Some of our positions require employees to be onsite at a Change Healthcare facility or a Client site, including Medical Facilities. Depending on the site's health and safety guidelines, you may be required to have medical screenings or vaccinations to meet site requirements, which may include Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing. Further details and requirements will be confirmed during the interview process.