As a Senior Software Developer, you are tech savvy in web technologies and understand the business of digital media. You will be working in a fun and creative environment with peers and executives that will support and challenge you.
Our client's current backend is Ruby on Rails and frontend is Vue.js and host it on infrastructures such as AWS Lambda, AWS Fargate, etc.
The platform has spikes of usage with a high volume of transactions over a short period of time.
Exceptional communication and comfort with debate are essential.
- Manage the SDLC of an Agile Scrum product in a startup environment
- Implement backend code in existing Rails 5 codebase
- Continue to develop mobile-first frontend system in VueJS
- Collaborate with other developers and designers
- Effectively communicate with peers and managers
- Write efficient yet creative code
- Creatively problem solve to find appropriate solutions
- Define and implement technical strategies within budget and time constraints
- Identify and advise on technical risks
- Minimum 5 years working in the digital industry
- 3+ years experience developing webapps for mobile and tablet
- 3+ years experience with Rails
- 3+ years experience with SQL DBs, Postgres preferred
- Experience with AWS or similar deployment systems
- B. CompSci or comparable combination of experience/education
- Able to lead code reviews, enforce code standards, define and execute a technology plan
- Strong communication skills and previous experience of working with distributed technical teams; is a strong advocate for collaboration and interdisciplinary problem-solving
- Able to synthesize and communicate the outcomes of collaborative sessions to the appropriate level of fidelity to team and stakeholders
- Experienced enough to coach junior team members, critique their work, and help improve their output and skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues and solutions to a wide range of audiences
- Can manage conflict with tact and confidence
- Brings positive, solution-focused thinking to difficult problems
- Highly committed to excellence; constantly looks for ways to raise the bar in order to achieve excellence in all areas
- Investment matching program
- Travel - client offers many opportunities for offsite retreats
- Annual learning benefit
- Snacks, fruit, and a wide selection of drinks are available
- Office in the heart of Kitsilano
- Regular company-wide & team events