PocketPills is Canada's fastest-growing online pharmacy startup looking to disrupt the traditional retail pharmacy business in Canada (TAM $30B) and we are seeking a Software Engineer to help us grow further. PocketPills is redefining the pharmacy experience for consumers and automates pharmacy operations in unprecedented ways where consumers can order their prescriptions through our App or online from the convenience of their home. We pack medications by dose and time into "PocketPacks" and deliver them to your doorstep for free.
Here's what the media is saying about PocketPills:
- "Medication management made easy"- CTV News Vancouver.
- "PocketPills is transforming healthcare"- Vancouver Sun.
- "PocketPills takes the hassle out of going to the pharmacy"- National Post.
We are building a SaaS platform based on microservice architecture for online fulfillment of prescriptions, managing back-end pharmacy operations and a big data/ AI platform for healthcare data. We are a well-established start-up and a strong engineering team. It's a great opportunity for you to build core components, contribute in a big way and learn a lot in the process.
Our platform is hosted on AWS, uses Angular for web, Flutter for Mobile Apps, Play/Spring framework on Java and MySQL for back-end in addition to a variety of cloud services from Amazon as well as Google.Qualifications (Must-Haves):
Considered an asset:
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Engineering stream or relevant equivalent experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and SQL.
- Deep understanding of writing modular, well-documented, testable, maintainable code.
- Understand and analyze data and progress effectively.
- Motivated to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Genuinely excited about working in a growth-stage start-up, learning, and solving. problems without getting constrained by current knowledge or experience.
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience.
- Full-stack experience.
- Experience programming in Java and with the Play/Spring framework.
- Experience building operationally critical services, especially in eCommerce.
- Access to virtual doctor 24/7
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Life insurance
- Free food & drinks
PocketPills support for domestic relocation is available to BC (our office location is South Surrey, BC).