Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Komatsu Mining brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining's support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining's products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide.
Komatsu Mining is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Komatsu Mining's innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment. Komatsu Mining Corp. offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth
We are currently looking to add a Journeyman Machinist to our Sparwood, B.C. location. Reports to:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package (dental, prescription drug, health spending account, paramedical, medical, vision)
- Registered Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Company supplied tools
- Ability to be a part of an exciting innovative company developing new state of the art technology and equipment
Please visit our website https://mining.komatsu/ for more information.
General Foreman, Mechanical Shop Shift:
7x7 12 hours per shift, rotational between days and nights Open to
: JM Machinists or a 3rd or 4th year Machinist apprentice Location:
Sparwood, BC Relocation:
This position does not offer relocationResponsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Machine parts to specifications using manual and CNC lathes, mills and drill presses.
- Write simple and complex programs utilizing conversational as well as G-Code controls.
- Use CAD/CAM software to aid writing programs.
- Setup and operate field boring and milling equipment as required on customer sites on occasion.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments including Faro Arm, Faro Tracker and conventual measuring equipment.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- Ability to work different rotating shifts
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision but also participate in the work of other machinists, millwrights and apprentices within the field environment.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Journeyperson Machinist Trades Certification
- G-Code Programming Experience
- CAD/CAM Experience
- Ability to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers
- Must have no restrictions for access for any mine site
- Must have a valid driver's license
Komatsu Mining offers an excellent benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
No agency or candidate phone calls please.
Komatsu Mining Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.