Reporting to the Regional Asset Protection Manager, the Retail Asset Protection Manager is responsible for proactively protecting all Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's assets in our retail stores. This includes people, property, and proprietary information.Responsibilities:
- Plan, analyze, evaluate, and lead the asset protection function to enhance bottom line profitability through shrink and risk reduction;
- Proactively identify ways to influence change on operational processes or training gaps that are causing profit loss or shrink to the retail environment;
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal regulations relating to restricted and non-restricted firearms, explosives, and related site inspections;
- Objectively audit the store to measure execution of regionally consistent asset protection programming and retail store procedures;
- Ensure the safety and security of the property and people;
- Lead all internal and external investigations relating to criminal activity to reduce theft and fraud exposure;
- Identify, investigate, and develop case files on internal and external criminal activity to minimize loss to the company and prevent reoccurrence;
- Partner with the inventory control team to identify and mitigate sources of inventory loss within the retail store;
- Promote a shrink elimination culture with all levels of employee through proactive asset protection education, awareness, and training;
- Support regional initiatives that evolve and advance the asset protection program;
- Develop professional working partnerships with regulatory agencies, police, local asset protection departments, and store employees to leverage overall improvement to retail operations.
- Bachelor's degree in criminology, business administration, or related discipline is preferred;
- A combination of education and asset protection experience will be considered;
- 2 - 4 years' experience in a retail asset protection role;
- Possess or be eligible to acquire a restricted and non-restricted Firearm Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) through the Canadian Firearm Centre;
- Possess or be eligible to acquire a provincial Security Guard License;
- Certification in Wicklander Zulawski Investigative Interviewing is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience with common security systems (CCTV, Card Access, Burglar, and Exception Based Reporting).
Bass Pro Shops & Cabela's welcomes applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process. Benefits
- Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
- Unlimited career advancement opportunities
Bass Pro Shops