Job DescriptionWho we areOur Purpose
is to help people enjoy a better life and communities thrive. Corix has been building, operating, and maintaining water, wastewater, electric, gas and sustainable energy utility infrastructure for many years across Canada and the U.S. Our vision
is to be the preferred utility delivering co-created solutions our customers want. Throughout our history, we have helped communities to grow and thrive by implementing safe and efficient infrastructure solutions that meet their unique needs. At Corix our values
are safety, integrity, excellence, and connection.
The Corix team has an opportunity for a HSE Field Advisor (Utilities) Lower Mainland BC
. This position is responsible for assessing workplace activities on safety, safety standards execution, safety inspections, safety training. Ensuring compliance by all employees and (sub) contractors with in Western Canadian Utilities upholding safety standards in order to continuously minimize safety incidents and meet or exceed provincial legislative requirements. Ability to work with minimal Supervision and manage time at work sites and administrative functions from home.What you'll do
- Familiarity of BC provincial legislation and WCB . Working knowledge of utility operations in Energy and Utilities services. Ability to travel to business units within province under the position's jurisdiction when needed.
- Plan and conduct field inspections and audits of Areas and work locations to ensure conformance with established occupational health, safety & environment regulations,
- Plan, implement, and evaluate programs and procedures needed to meet regulatory requirements and to attain safety goals and objectives; assists and advises management and supervisory staff on the development and implementation of effective and efficient strategies.
- Assist with workplace incident investigations to find Root cause and put meaningful corrective actions in place.
- Ensure HSE KPI's are being achieved, assist with role out of corporate safety initiatives such as contractor management & electrical safety program.
What you bring
- Work with business groups to help implement and monitor programs, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and provincial workplace safety and health laws and regulations, as well as Corix internal program requirements and provincial COR requirements.
- Work with all facilities under jurisdiction to ensure safe working conditions and interacts with the team members and management to reinforce Corix HSE programs coaching/mentoring on issues as well as encouraging positive behavior. Promotes a positive safety culture.
- Coordinates with HSE Manager in providing worksite health and safety investigations; ensures compliance with safety policies and procedures; assists in the development of accident prevention and safety programs.
- Work independently and in partnership with the HSE and business group management teams to organize and implement initiatives.
- Track and monitor all internal HSE statistics through KPIs to identify program deficiencies and coordinate efforts for improvement with HSE and business group management.
- Help coach & mentor Area HSE Reps with safety related questions and tasks.
- Performs other related duties as required including upholding any COVID requirements
- 3 years field experience in an HSE role
- High School Diploma
- Certificate in HSE (NSCO)
- Must have knowledge of workplace health & safety, familiar with WorkSafeBC OHS and how to apply the regulations for compliance.
- Be detail orientated and able to assess workload and prioritize business unit and corporate HSE related tasks.
- Be able to support business units and work independently as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and document management skills
- Adaptable, able to multi-task and prioritize tasks
Nice to Have
- Knowledge dealing with WorkSafeBC WCB & injury Management preferred.
- Past experience and knowledge in Electrical Safety, Confined Space safety and Contractor safety would be considered an asset
- Canadian Registered Safety Profession an asset
Life at Corix
- Normal office / WFH setting
- Frequent travel to site required
- Paid Time off and Holidays : We offer 15 days of vacation and 11 paid holidays.
- Extended Health Benefits: We offer our employees extended health and dental coverage that is flexible to meet your unique needs. This can include chiropractic, massages or therapy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): EAP is readily available to new employees on Day 1, giving you access to resources pertaining to confidential support services. Some examples include mental health, relationship/marital conflicts, and legal and financial issues
- Sick Hours: We offer 15 sick days that you start accruing on day 1 to ensure that you are taking care of your wellbeing without having to worry about getting paid
- Flexible Work: We are flexible when it comes to meeting your needs in terms of work location. We welcome flexible work options to support your needs
- RRSP Program: We believe in investing in your future. We match your RRSP contributions up to 5%.
- Technology in the Workplace: Access to most recent computer applications like Microsoft Suite, Video Conferencing tools and utilizing tablet, laptop and/or mobile device
- Grow at Corix: If you are interested in further developing your skillset within the role, we offer tuition reimbursements for any certification/licensing/self-development that you would like to explore.
Management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Corix Group of Companies is an E-Verify participating employer. Additional Comments
If you possess these skills and qualifications, we invite you to apply online in confidence at www.corix.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted. Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations available upon request.People Focused and Inclusive Culture
We attract and develop connected, high performing people of diverse background, ethnicities and experiences, who achieve their goals in alignment with our purpose, vision, and values. Creating an inclusive and respectful work environment where everyone is included and able to do their best work and feel as though they belong.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.