At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - over 50,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
AECOM is looking for an Intermediate Professional (Environmental Scientist)
to join the Site Investigation and Remediation team in Burnaby, BC
This position is a full time role and is expected to begin in August 2022.
This position requires demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Technically strong in preliminary and detailed site investigations for soil, vapour, and groundwater.
- Stage 1 PSI / Phase I ESA, Stage 2 PSI / Phase II ESA, Detailed Site Investigations and Confirmation of Remediation Reports.
- Remediation Planning and Management.
- Experience in environmental regulatory permitting and approvals, including applications for legal Instruments in BC (Determinations, Certificates of Compliance, Approvals in Principle, etc.).
- Managing and coordinating work in remote environments for both federal and provincial clients.
- Technical report preparation and review.
- Proposal preparation, cost-estimating, and review.
- Remedial Options Analysis and Remedial Action Plans.
- Site Validation Reports.
- Site supervision and contractor management.
- Project Management Support.
- Mentoring staff and contributing positively to the company culture.
- Working both collaboratively and independently, as warranted.
- Managing multiple tasks simultaneous and effectively.
- Strong verbal written and verbal communication skills.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Demonstrating creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving both routine and unusual project delivery and technical problems.
- Accountability for project performance and compliance with project delivery expectations.
- Regularly communicate with regulators, clients, and other AECOM technical staff/project managers.
Bachelors degree in the relevant technical discipline combined with at least 4 years of experience or demonstrated equivalency.Preferred Qualifications
- Previous experience in a consultancy environment, specifically contaminated land assessment and remediation.
- Knowledge in contaminated sites investigation and remediation in BC ideally with 8 years of consulting and/or industry experience.
- Experience working with Federal Clients.
- Registered in BC as a P.Eng., P.Geo., P.Ag. or similar.
What We Offer
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Full TimeRequisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.