Machinist JourneypersonActivity sector:
Pulp and PaperSite:
The Kruger Kamloops Pulp Mill is looking to hire a full-time Machinist to join the Maintenance team.
As a member of the Kamloops Pulp operation, the successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide variety of work in our Kraft Pulp Mill. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the maintenance department on all levels from problem solving, field measuring of critical components, machining, balancing to G1 standard and precision assembly documentation.YOUR SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in use of manual machining equipment; Four lathes 17"- 23"- 48" swing, milling machine, radial arm drill and equipment balancing machine
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with proven organization skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively, manage multiple tasks and manage a high workload
- Team player who can maintain effective working relationships with other personnel including trades, peers, superiors, etc.
- Committed to best practices in health, safety and environmental management
- Self -motivated, open-minded and results oriented
- Proficient with computers including experience working with a computerized maintenance system (i.e. SAP)
WHY WORK AT KRUGER?
- Possess a Machinist Interprovincial Journeyperson Certification secured through a formal apprenticeship
- Previous industrial experience working in a safety sensitive environment
- Possessing a dual ticket qualification is an asset
At Kruger, we believe in giving our employees the space to grow in a dynamic and stimulating environment, to encourage their development, and to enrich their professional lives. That's why many of our employees have been with us for a long time.
When you work at Kruger, you can count on a wide range of benefits
such as competitive group insurance, registered pension plans and continuing education programs. In addition to finding a stimulating
work environment that offers many opportunities
for growth, you'll have the chance to work for a company that truly cares about its employees.
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.