Are you looking for an opportunity to give back to the community and work on projects that are important to the environment? Are you looking to fill in the gaps from your current part time job and make more money over the summer? We have some exciting projects on the go within the Vancouver area, Abbotsford, Burnaby and Surrey that you can be a part of! Your opportunity
Dillon's Communities & Environment
group is looking for an Interim Field Supervisor
to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals, and fill one of multiple roles. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience.
At Dillon, we operate as one team. This position is available in the Vancouver
office, and will require travel to various sites. This opportunity will require availability for a variety of shifts, including weekdays, weekends, evenings, nights. Responsibilities
Your day will include a variety of the following:Field Work & Coordination (100%)
- Recycling Cart Auditor
- Waste and Recycling Helpdesk Support
- Waste Auditor
QualificationsWhat you will need to succeed
- Supervise and complete audits of residential organics, recycling and garbage collection carts.
- Communicate to all members of the public in a manner that is effective, friendly and professional and ensures exceptional service.
- Conduct data analysis and reporting
- Develop strong understanding of the municipal waste collection program and any changes in order to answer questions from the public.
- Input and upload data and results. For some weeks, this may include using your personal mobile phone.
- Talk to businesses in the area to inform them about the single-use item reduction strategy and upcoming single-use item workshops
- Ability to work various weekday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
- Available to attend one virtual training session (paid).
- Applicants must be able to perform physical work in an outdoor environment and should be comfortable walking long distances (10 km or more) in all weather conditions.
- Professional and friendly attitude with the ability to quickly develop rapport with members of the public.
- Ability to speak Punjabi, Hindi, Cantonese and/or Mandarin is an asset. Please indicate in your application if you are able to speak any of these languages.
Why choose Dillon
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities, and adapt to change within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment while exercising judgment and a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to work safely and follow instructions
- Door-to-door or public consultation experience is an asset
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it's hard; and
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With over 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
for the past 16 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
We encourage you to connect with us at [email protected]
if you require accommodation in the interview process.
We would love to hear from you!