"TWG" is the group name we use to refer to the industry's foremost producers of quality winches, hoists, gear drives and electronic monitoring systems for global industrial applications. The seven brands comprising TWG include Tulsa Winch, Rufnek, Greer, dp Winch, Gear Products, Pullmaster and LANTEC. Operating from the Jenks, Oklahoma facility are the Tulsa Winch, Rufnek, Greer, dp Winch and Gear Products brands with Pullmaster and LANTEC brands operating from the Surrey, British Columbia, Canada.
By drawing upon the talent of our dedicated employees and the strengths of these brands, TWG has become known around the world for providing innovative products and solutions designed and manufactured to high quality standards and delivered to our customers on time. The products and solutions produced by TWG find their way into diverse applications including onshore oil and gas, the utility industry, commercial and governmental towing and recovery, construction and offshore cranes, marine applications including fishing and cargo handling, forestry and mining applications and a myriad of other construction applications.
We feel that our success is directly attributable to the creativity, commitment and enthusiasm of our employees.
This position reports to Quality Improvement Analyst with welding inspection and plant wide inspection responsibilities to provide accurate and proficient flow of materials and documents through Quality Control Department in all areas of manufacturing. Essential Responsibilities:
- Main duty of this position is to perform visual weld inspections on fabricated assemblies as per established procedures.
- Plan prepare and conduct weld personnel certification and periodic re-certification.
- Support and validate new WPSs and train weld personnel.
- Audit weld equipment to manufacturer's specification.
- Create weld mapping and weld inspection forms.
- Reviews and interprets weld code books.
- Perform inspections and coordinate test for paint quality according to the appropriate procedure and/or standards.
- Performs in- process, final and/or first offs inspection of: machined, fabricated, sub-assembled, assembled, raw material, castings, forgings, heat treated, sub-contracted parts, etc. using various inspection tools and equipment (micrometer, hardness tester, caliper, CMM, FARO Arm, spring tester, surface roughness tester, paint hardness tester, etc.).
- Straighten shafts after heat treating, perform minor weld repairs to be free of cosmetic imperfections, and pressure testing of machined parts.
- Assists and trains production staff on Weld Quality Issues.
- Reviews and interprets engineering drawings, diagrams, or formulas to perform inspections per the drawing and any additional procedural requirements.
- Evaluates data and writes summary to validate or show deviations or conformance with the company's established standards.
- Suggest in written or oral form, modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of materials and equipment capability.
- Tests, measures, inspects, evaluates products and procedures related to materials, designs, process control and methods to assure quality standards are improved.
- Makes recommendations of inspection tools or methods to improve performance and productivity.
- Utilizes hand trucks, fork-lifts, overhead hoists, and provided lifting devices to move, position, or lift parts into, onto, and out of inspection area and/or tables weighing up to 6000 pounds.
- Coordinates with Engineering department the resolution of deficiencies, discrepancies, or non-conformances for final disposition.
- Performs review of Certificates of Conformance or material certificates with the Company's requirements and initiates corrective action with suppliers/vendors.
- Files and/or routes to proper source all documents required for record or information pertaining to appropriate procedures and requirements.
- Executes all enterprise transactions in support of the electronic inspection queue and discrepant material reports (DMRs).
- Becomes familiar with appropriate QMS (Quality Management System) and EMS (Environmental Management System) procedures and requirements.
Top Leadership Competencies
- Associates Degree and two years of successful experience in a manufacturing environment producing products of similar methods and procedure or five years successful experience of similar inspection, quality assurance work.
- Experience with inspection tools and measurement equipment (micrometers, calipers, hardness tester, FARO Arm, and CMM) an asset.
- Preferred: Valid weld inspection certification (CWB Level I or AWS),Exposure to CSA W47.1, CSA W59, AWS D1.1, and ABS.
- Must be able to travel as required and /or directed.
- Committed to protecting the environment, including preventing pollution.
- This position must consistently strive for continual improvement with the following behaviors found in Dover's Leadership Competencies. The following are the top 3 leadership competencies required for this position.
Preferred characteristics, competencies and capabilities:
- Customer Impact: Creates value for customers addressing known and unknown needs. Knows and understands all aspects of the global market, including economics (regulatory issues, corporate compliance, etc.), products and services, channels, the customers and their end-markets.
- Results Driven: Produces results that exceed Dover's strategic objectives via a combination of planning and implementation, while living the Dover Values.
- Builds and Manages Collaborative Relationships: Establishes and nurtures numerous relationships within Dover. Takes action to partner with the communities in which we operate and be an appropriate corporate citizen.
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions:
- Proficiency using the Company's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, communication systems, computer systems, software systems, operating systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and other related programs.
- Strong history of applying continuous improvement concepts and tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, bending, lifting, carrying, balancing, stooping, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing.
- Must be able to move around obstructions such as boxes, chairs, desks, office equipment and other related items that may be on the floor, move around airports, in and out of airplanes or other approved means of transportation.
- May require lifting up to 50 pounds with or without lifting aids and devices.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled manufacturing shop and climate-controlled office environment as job duties require. May be exposed to loud operating machinery and cold or hot temperatures.
The list of tasks and responsibilities is not exhaustive and TWG reserves the right to make changes to the job description as required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : Canada : British Columbia : Surrey
Sub Division : TWG Canada Consolidated Inc
Job Requisition ID : 45036Job Segment:
Testing, Inspector, ERP, QC, Quality Control Inspector, Technology, Quality