As part of the Wajax team, the Administrative Assistant/Receptionist is responsible for greeting onsite visitors to the branch, answering phones, transferring calls to appropriate departments. The incumbent will also be responsible for a variety of general duties to assist in the day-to-day office administrative requirements including ordering office supplies, distributing incoming mail, mail merges for outgoing mail and preparing various documents within Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents The Role
- Greets visitors, ensures safety procedures are followed regarding sign in/sign out
- answer phones and transfer calls to appropriate personnel
- Time ticket verification
- Book meeting rooms and arrange for any catering required
- Photocopying, scanning and binding of various documents
- Filing of work orders/sales orders/packing slips
- Ensure that all incoming mail is sorted and distributed / prepares outgoing mail
- Ensure records for ISO are current and accurate
- Ensure Health and Safety matrix is current and accurate
- Book any training that is required for branch personnel
- Order's office supplies and ensures all work areas are stock appropriately
- Typing of various correspondence as required (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Bank deposits
- Education: College diploma / Post secondary Education
- Work Experience: Previous office administration experience (2-3 years)
- Knowledge: Industrial background, with health and safety and ISO
- Proficiency: Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Since 1858, Wajax has been a leading industrial products and solutions provider continually innovating to serve Canadian industry coast-to-coast. We work in an extensive range of industries and core sectors of the Canadian economy including energy and renewables, food and beverage, construction, industrial/commercial, transportation, forestry, mining, metal processing, and oil and gas - to name a few. Everything we do is powered by people passionate about making a difference and who are dedicated to driving Canadian industry forward. People who provide the experience and expertise that support the industries that build our cities, power our businesses, put a roof over our heads and food on our tables.
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, as well as some unique additional "perks."
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility.
- Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers.
- Exclusive discounts with a variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dell, TELUS, a group mortgage, home & auto insurance program and more.
By working with Wajax, you become part of an inclusive and diverse team that is dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening. Together we get more done.