DescriptionReady to create new opportunities in unchartered territory?
You are proven consultant and trusted advisor to executive leaders and Directors. Your passion for uncovering value, championing opportunities, developing strategic narratives and delivering tangible innovation will shine in this strategy enablement role.
You are searching to enrichen your professional services experience and apply them in industry. Specifically, you are looking to settle down and directly support a head office function at a respected company that has many lines of business. You may not be a Telecommunications expert yet and you want to leverage your consulting experience to deliver recognizable impact in role with broad exposure. You are looking for a role that helps you explore and that sets you up with several options for future growth opportunities.Join our team!
We are searching for industry talent for our growing Transformation & Strategic Programs team. This team accelerates strategy and innovation for TELUS' Customer Network Implementation (CNI) business unit, which has championed billions of dollars in network investment since it's start-up like inception in 2014.
Building on CNI's commitment to experimentation, we act as internal consultants for Director sponsors and we incubate innovation together with the Directors' operations teams. We explore great (but often fuzzy) strategy proposals and we advance them into clear, future-oriented, transformation initiatives, which deliver measureable value. We work with sponsors to develop business cases and prioritize a portfolio of innovations to evolve our business unit. Beyond establishing program charters, we support initiatives through iterative phases of trial, launch, implementation and measurement.Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together!
You will facilitate dialogue with our VP, her Directors, their operations teams and your enablement peers to nurture our business unit's healthy funnel of innovation opportunities. You will help leaders evaluate potential value and effort, and recommend a portfolio of programs for their approval. From this broader transformation portfolio, you will then oversee a selection of these strategic programs and take lead to deliver the intended benefits. Successful members have found success by leveraging the following:
QualificationsYou're the missing piece of the puzzle...
- Our major compass is the delivery of new, tangible business value
- Our team has already established some structured delivery, with room for creativity including
- Opportunity identification, business case, prioritization, trial and review
- Our internal consultants lead by influence and prioritize key decisions that need to be made, facilitate fair process to confirm the decisions, and then support stakeholders in execution
- Our best team members take charge of their Director sponsor engagement. They listen for the potential storyboard refine it into engaging narratives, which rally support for the initiative
- Many of our team are experts in focusing executive discussions by leveraging processes such as: preparing agendas and content, focusing where decisions are required, accelerating momentum with trials, developing dashboards and headlines for concise VP and Director updates
Your background learning brings value to the role. We are looking for:
- 2-3+ years of experience in consulting / professional services, strategy, corporate development or executive advisory
- 2-3+ years of experience leading transformation programs through Agile, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies
- Bachelor degree or 5+ years of equivalent experience. MBA, CPA, PMP and/or other post-graduate education, designation or certification preferred
- 2-3+ years of experience as part of a functional/operational team or project management group, personally accountable for delivering operational results
To succeed in your role, you will want to be skilled in:
A bit about us
- VP or Director dialogue, including a penchant to support storytelling
- Clarifying the big picture and finding synergies between functions and transformation initiatives
- Developing business cases including estimating quantifiable benefits and efforts
- Experience in facilitating stakeholder management including experience speaking with various groups, which could include executives, Directors and technical operations teams, external partners
- Proven track-record of leading programs to deliver quantifiable results (not just developing processes or systems). Your experience should include navigating of scope, schedule, costs and risks
We're a people-first, customer-first, purpose-driven team who works together every day to innovate and do good. We improve lives through our technology solutions and foster a culture of innovation that empowers team members to solve complex problems and create remarkable human outcomes in a digital world. When you join our team, you're helping us make the future friendly.
We're committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability-your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.
The health and safety of our team, customers and communities is paramount to TELUS. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.