TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we're passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.BASIC FUNCTION:
The primary function is to provide skilled and qualified electrical work for installations of electrical and electro-mechanical systems and equipment for new projects, or alterations to existing systems and for preventive and breakdown maintenance, diagnostic and repairs.RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Consistent with his/her trade qualifications installs low voltage (LV) and high voltage (HV) equipment and systems, cable tray systems, grounding, building ventilation and heating systems, fans, fire alarms systems, lighting systems.
- Performs work in compliance with applicable codes, instructions, and safety regulations and in accordance with work orders, drawings, documents and time schedules.
- May be assigned responsibility for providing training, monitoring and/or oversight for regulated work performed under the Safety Standards Act and regulations. This may include checking the work of apprentices, labourers, technicians or others as required.
- Ensures work is performed as per current trade wiring methods, installations practices, and maintenance concepts, technology, and theory; and in line with manufacturer and regulatory installation and maintenance requirements.
- Carries out any other related duties as required in keeping with the qualifications and requirements of positions in this classification.
NUCLEAR ENERGY WORKER:
- Working understanding of grounding methods and power quality issues
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal English.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance on complex regulated electrical work and select the means and methods necessary to obtain solutions.
- Ensure that all tools, instruments and equipment are in good and safe operating condition.
- Follow TRIUMF safety policies and procedures in the performance of job duties and interactions with contractors and site users and staff.
You will be required to successfully complete the TRIUMF in-house radiation safety training course and be designated as a TRIUMF Nuclear Energy Worker.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Canadian Inter-provincial Qualification (Red Seal) in the Trade of Electrician or a certificate of qualifications (BC TQ) in Electrical Trade
• Minimum seven years of related experience in commercial and industrial plant installations
• Must be available for on call shift and call out in off hours
• Must have a reliable means of transportation
• Proven safety record
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
As a requirement of this position, the successful candidate will need to provide acceptable proof that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or demonstrate that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 for reasons protected under the BC Human Rights Code. TRIUMF will grant reasonable accommodation requests up to the point of undue hardship.
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia, in the heart of Pacific Spirit Park in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
Learn more about how the amazing research and work we do at TRIUMF impacts humanity
http://www.rarestdrug.comApplication closing date:
September 04, 2022
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.Contact information:Email: [email protected]Phone:
4004 Wesbrook Mall