Enjoying physical labour, teamwork and workingoutdoors as well as being safety-minded are vital to a career in railoperations at CN. With a vibrant, 24/7 schedule, no two days will ever bealike. You can expect fresh challenges, a safety-focused work environment, paidtraining and supportive colleagues who share your passion for motion. Thecareers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!Role :
A locomotive engineer operates diesel-electric locomotives and must comply with operating rules and train handling policies to transport freight in a safe and satisfactory manner.
A locomotive engineer is required to follow company safety procedures, use common sense, and maintain an overall level of safety awareness in the work environment.
Must make effective decisions and must be able to understand and provide written and oral communications.Minimum Requirements:
- Railroad engineer experience and two years as conductor with a Class 1 with current engineer certification with no revocation on certificate OR Locomotive Engineer certification is required.
- An engineer should possess good climbing and balancing skills, good eye-hand coordination, and the ability to grasp. Engineers frequently lift/carry up to 50 pounds and are occasionally required to lift/carry up to 85 pounds.
- Engineers are covered by the Federal Hours of Service Law and are subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Reliable and predictable attendance.
- Must possess a minimum education of a high school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver's license.
- New employees generally work on an extra board subject to call 24 hours per day.
- The work schedule is typically a minimum 10 - hour day; 6 days per week.
- Work away from home for long periods of time, including overnight, associated with train trips.
- Comply with safe work procedures and policies.
CN is aworld-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy,to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports morethan 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finishedgoods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connectingCanada's Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing tocommunity prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed toprograms supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN,we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers,providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.