is seeking a Document Control Specialist to be based in Burnaby, BC.
The job incumbent will be responsible for sending, receiving, distributing, circulating, tracking, expediting and archiving all official project documents to, from and within the company.
The Document Control Specialist is also responsible for the implementation and management of the Document Management System, while providing the supported projects and company with quality assurance measures.At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - over 50,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
- Create and maintain Document Management Systems including library distributions and participant matrix.
- Ensure document control function is being performed in accordance with corporate procedures and project requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Facilitate flow of information and communication between clients, vendors, subcontractors and staff; for various projects
- Organize necessary filing and archiving of technical documents
- Configuring SharePoint systems to specified requirements.
- Assist in the coordination of documentation processes including creating automatic business workflows through SharePoint Online and Power Automate.
- Extend SharePoint functionality with forms, web parts, and application technologies.
- Manage and maintain templates and information on project servers
- Drive improvements and efficiencies in our data management systems & processes
- Participating in other document control initiatives or data management tasks under the direction of the functional team lead
- Construction Project Administration
- Technical Document Control
- Development of Corporate Standards and Documents
- Management of Corporate Document Data Base and File Life-Cycles
- Coordinating of RFI, RFR and Inspection Activities
- Record management and document retention scheduling
- Developing, and conducting internal project and process audits
- Preparation for ISO 9001:2008 external audit
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures including guides and templates
- Tracking of Key Performance Indicators
- Generating and maintaining BOMs of newly designed equipment
- At a minimum. candidate requires BA/BS and 4+ years of experience in document control or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education may be considered.
- Working knowledge of Document Control software and methodologies
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with all staff at all levels, clients and external vendors
- Ability to anticipate project needs and work independently with minimal supervision
- Efficient and Resourceful at multitasking and proactive in problem solving.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Strong organization skills with an attention to detail and Professional technical writing skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe and Outlook)
- Experience with Aconex, SharePoint Online and MS Power Platform including PowerAutomate, PowerApps and PowerBI.
- Experience with Technical Document Control Management software (Share Point, JD Edwards, Documentum EDMS, Aconex EDMS, SAP, CRM, ERP, Oracle, People Soft, ProjectWise, McLaren EDMS, Microsoft Office, AS400, Macros, Global Shop, Solid Works, FSCM, HCM, E-Fin, Proliance, e-Builder, Prolog and Micros). Familiar with POSSE and LiveLink, SPIN, and 311 Service Request Logs.
- Experience in Engineering, Construction or Owner Environment
- Trained internal auditor
What We Offer
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Administrative Support / SecretarialBusiness Line
Geography OHBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Full TimeRequisition/Vacancy No.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.